I couldn't any forums that covered this topic so I am posting it here.

I wanted to know how I can start some decent quality digital recordings. I am fairly familiar with 4 track cassette recordings and things like that. I want to get into digital recording on my home computer, how would I go about doing this? Do I need any special software and mics? Can you please provide some examples of some setups and prices?

Thanks.

EDIT: I tried Google but I didn't know what to click. I think it'd be easier if I talked to a fellow UGer (hopefully :sad
Last edited by paulvxD at Mar 29, 2008,
To hells with Digital. Do it like Daniel Johnston on a hand held voice recorder.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
To hells with Digital. Do it like Daniel Johnston on a hand held voice recorder.

I need to get my recordings onto the internet and CDs, so a hand held voice recorder is not an option.

Well, I find the old school recording with the track machines and cassette types quite frustrating and time consuming.

I am more computer savvy so I would like to make some decent quality recordings on my computer...