So I went to Barnes & Noble a couple days ago and picked up I Am Legend to see if it holds true to what everyone says about it being 100 times better than the movie. After this i'm probably going to read Trainspotting then The Ruins.

Anyone else reading anything good?
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Gates of Fire, or..... The Alchemist by someone named Paolo or something like that....
Quote by Jersey_Zombie
So I went to Barnes & Noble a couple days ago and picked up I Am Legend to see if it holds true to what everyone says about it being 100 times better than the movie. After this i'm probably going to read Trainspotting then The Ruins.

Anyone else reading anything good?

I Am Legend is one of the rare examples when a movie IS better than a book. It's only purists and whiners who say otherwise. Also, Omega Man was better than all. Trainspotting is an awesome book, though.

I'm currently reading Chomsky on Miseducation, and then I dunno what after that.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I Am Legend is one of the rare examples when a movie IS better than a book. It's only purists and whiners who say otherwise. Also, Omega Man was better than all. Trainspotting is an awesome book, though.

I'm currently reading Chomsky on Miseducation, and then I dunno what after that.

Well f*ck me, i'm on page 6....

Oh well, too far to turn back now.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
the only books i've read lately are Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card and Go Ask Alice by Anonymous..or Beatriz Sparks or whatever her name is. both are pretty damn good. it kinda ruined Go Ask Alice for me though when i found out a lot of it was fake
Closing Time, by Joseph Heller, which is the sequel to the best book EVER, Catch-22.
authobiography of malcolm x
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I'm in the middle of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest right now and it is an amazing book.
Catcher In The Rye is my favorite.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by genresrforposer
Only book I've read that these other posters have is Ender's Game which is one of those rare books for school that are actually good. Has a cool ending too.

awesome ending! really made the long book worthwhile.

Quote by TooFast
Catcher In The Rye is my favorite.

+1
...why?
Quote by Vulg4r
Superfudge ftw.

+1.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I was going to try and read Paradise Lost but it's way too hard (I'm terrible with Classical poetry, Inferno was too hard as well.) so I just skipped to Lurker At the Threshold by H. P. Lovecraft then I have a collection of Poe works to read......I'm trying to get back in to reading since I didn't read much for a while......I kind of read all the good books in our library since I had half my senior requirements in 8th grade....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
a confederacy of dunces
good

and slaughter house five
which was a huge let down
Quote by Jack Off Jill

i thought the movie was great, maybe a little better than the book
the book is definitely worth reading though

but the movie was so far from the original plot line of the book
Last edited by digimon go! at Mar 29, 2008,
All Quiet On The Western Front is damn good....So is Johnny Got His Gun...Both war books and both amazing reads.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Reading:

Currently 3/5 way through Atlas Shrugged.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by RPGoof
The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Kind of weird stuff, but I love it.

I read an Everything's Eventual by King and it had a short story that was supposed to be part of the series or something and it was amazing! So, +1 haha.

Also, +1 to Ender's Game. Look into Ender's Shadow and Shadow of the Hegemony is supposed to be really good.

I really need to get back into some reading habits. I need to read King, Dante (you know the one), more Poe, etc.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I'm reading World War Z.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
I'm reading Anthony Kiedis' Scar Tissue. Next is Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut because the town it is set in is a fictional version of where I live. Vonnegut calls it "the asshole of America". It's really not that bad, but maybe it was worse in the 70s.
Quote by The Virtuoso
I read an Everything's Eventual by King and it had a short story that was supposed to be part of the series or something and it was amazing! So, +1 haha.

Also, +1 to Ender's Game. Look into Ender's Shadow and Shadow of the Hegemony is supposed to be really good.

I really need to get back into some reading habits. I need to read King, Dante (you know the one), more Poe, etc.

I have that somewhere from like a year ago and I just remembered......Dante was hard as **** for me, I could not follow Inferno at all. The Shining and Cujo are good ones from King.....I can't remember any books I've read in the past two years but I've read a few more of his...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I have that somewhere from like a year ago and I just remembered......Dante was hard as **** for me, I could not follow Inferno at all. The Shining and Cujo are good ones from King.....I can't remember any books I've read in the past two years but I've read a few more of his...

Have you read Everything's Eventually? It is pretty ****ing ace! One of my favorite books, and turned me onto King.

People always say Dante is hard but when I read an excerpt out of my senior english book it wasn't that bad. Then again I haven't REALLY read it, so I guess I can't really have an opinion on it. I'll read it sometime.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
im currently reading "what is the what". its a good book so far
Quote by kaptkegan
Closing Time, by Joseph Heller, which is the sequel to the best book EVER, Catch-22.

just couldn't get into Catch 22. am i missing something, or does it take a while to get into it?

i'ts funny and sorta riddly, but it just doesn't grab me like, say, Trainspotting or Catcher in the Rye etc.....
I'm currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by fender_696
just couldn't get into Catch 22. am i missing something, or does it take a while to get into it?

i'ts funny and sorta riddly, but it just doesn't grab me like, say, Trainspotting or Catcher in the Rye etc.....

I found Catch 22 disapointing as well. A much better book would be "Slaughterhouse Five" by Kurt Vonnegut, IMO.