hey uys i recently aquired a 2nd hand monte allums modded boss DS-1 and well it sounds worse then a mates stock DS-1 and last time i check i thought i had a good ear for tone any advice im not good with electronic have no idea what everything does yeah i know i will learn one day
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

OK, two things.
1)Learn to use punctuation. I spotted exactly zero punctuation marks in your entire post.
2)Please be less vague describing the problem. What exactly do you hear that sounds bad?
Ok sorry about punctuation. I'm 16, I'm not a big fan of it. Anyway it just seems to be muddy, theres no clarity and the overall sound is just like someone plugged 2 MT-2's into a line 6 and i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them and how they sound.

Oh and is my punctuation ok sir?
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

well there's your problem. Your useing a line 6 as your amp.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
hahah no sorry i ment thats what it sounds like my amps in my sig

OH! My baed, anyways down to the fact of the matter. Mabye the person that modded it did a horrid job and was just looking to ditch it. I'm sure you have tried messing with all of your eq, volume, and eveything- so yeah thats broken.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
It could be modded wrong.......... Monte Allums kits can be done by yourself, and whoever did the mod could have been sloppy, or done it wrong...

I modded one as a gift for a friend, and it sounded killer through my amp....

Could be your amp, could be a botched mod....
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
ok thanks guys so im not to good with eletronic so what would be the best plan of action should i send it to a GC or is it possibly for me to do it myself like i dont have any instructions and yeah i EQd heaps cause i didnt want it to be **** lol

oh and reildeal so what sort of sound did you get out of it like did it remind you of any particular amp or guitarist?

or anyone else who has it whats it sound like

Goddammit man, the edit function is there for a reason. Triple post = bad. Use the edit.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
sorry dude i wasnt thinking i didnt offend you in away did i

Hah, I'm not offended that easily. More like annoyed. No harm done
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
ok cool sorry ill edit next time