I was just wondering if this would be possible. Im not trying to get 100% exact fuzz tone, I'm just looking for something somewhat similar - how would I go about achieving this on a Bad Monkey? (getting tomorrow). I play mostly metal but there are a few songs that use fuzz I would like to attempt. I know fuzz has barely any mids, so I would have to roll that down. Treble? Bass? Level? Some suggestions would be nice.

Again, I'm not expecting the exact same sound of a fuzz. Just looking for something somewhat close.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
^ except that's a reverb pedal...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by hah2488
electro harmonix holy grail has everything you want and then some.

Honestly. I ask for opinions on how to get a somewhat similar-to-fuzz tone out of my Bad Monkey, and you come in here recommending a different pedal, which also happens to be a reverb. Honestly. gtfo
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Hmm... I don't know if that's possible tbh. You could try cranking the gain on the pedal AND using it on the lead channel, but that probably just sounds like s*** and feedbacks like a b****.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by hah2488
electro harmonix holy grail has everything you want and then some.

Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
haha

honestly, its either the holy stain that might have fuzz (no idea though)...but...honestly!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I'm not sure if the Bad Monkey will do a fuzzy sound, the only way i could think of is to crank the drive to max and run it into the clean channel if your amp.. Works on OD mode on my Marshall Jackhammer, a little bit... The Jackhammer overdrive is very raspy on its own though (Best used in front of the amp's overdrive), i thought the bad monkey was a lot smoother.

i really hope hah2488 meant the Big Muff... if just for his sake...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by hendriko
haha

honestly, its either the holy stain that might have fuzz (no idea though)...but...honestly!

Either way, the Holy Stain's fuzz sucks.

Look into Roger Mayer, and EHX Big Muffs.

I prefer vintage Muffs, you could probably find a Green Sovtek vintage one on ebay.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
Either way, the Holy Stain's fuzz sucks.

Look into Roger Mayer, and EHX Big Muffs.

I prefer vintage Muffs, you could probably find a Green Sovtek vintage one on ebay.

Im not really interested in buying a fuzz pedal just for a 1/2 songs.

Any idea how I can achieve somewhat of a similar tone to a fuzz distortion with the OD?
I know that fuzz doesnt have the crunch, so you would scoop the mids. Level? Gain? Highs?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

When you get your Bad Monkey I'm sure you will see why you should try before you buy, you won't get any where near a fuzz tone from a Bad Monkey. For starters fuzz tends to scope a lot of your mids where as TS clone ODs (In this case the Bad Monkey) have a very audible mid boost.
Ibanez SZ 320MH >> Vox V487 >> Barber LTD >> MI Audio Neo-Fuzz >> Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Aaron_C
When you get your Bad Monkey I'm sure you will see why you should try before you buy, you won't get any where near a fuzz tone from a Bad Monkey. For starters fuzz tends to scope a lot of your mids where as TS clone ODs (In this case the Bad Monkey) have a very audible mid boost.

Im not buying it as a replacement for a fuzz. Im buying it as a boost. I was just wondering how I could atleast get a similar tone to a fuzz over a clean channel.

So. I know I should basically cut mids, but what else?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Crank the gain. It's only got four knobs, you'll figure it out. Hit the OD pedal with another boosted signal if you can.