i had this independent reading project, and i just didn't care that much anymore (it was the third one this school year), so i asked a friend who has a lot of "books with literary merit" to just pull one off the shelf for me. she picked The Sound and the Fury, regretfully. she never read it.

jesus christ, does anyone actually like this book? especially with the stream-of-consciousness crap in the first half of it?

oh yea, if you could vaguely point me in some direction to answer why the book is deserving of being part of the "literary canon," it would be greatly appreciated, as i have two pages of bs and need to fill at least one more.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
i had this independent reading project, and i just didn't care that much anymore (it was the third one this school year), so i asked a friend who has a lot of "books with literary merit" to just pull one off the shelf for me. she picked The Sound and the Fury, regretfully. she never read it.

jesus christ, does anyone actually like this book? especially with the stream-of-consciousness crap in the first half of it?

oh yea, if you could vaguely point me in some direction to answer why the book is deserving of being part of the "literary canon," it would be greatly appreciated, as i have two pages of bs and need to fill at least one more.

I have a friend who is in love with Faulkner.

Is it really that bad? She recommended a book for me but I haven't looked into it yet.

Sorry, I can't help, seeing as I have never read it.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
the book would have been almost decent, maybe even a little entertaining because of a cynical narrator in one chapter... if the first, incoherent, aimlessly confusing half had been cut.

is what i think

i guess, don't start with this book if you want to read Faulkner. unless unpunctuated, grammar-flouting writing, pages on pages of it, sounds like something you'd want to read
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!