So I wanna add a whammy bar to my guitar. First thing I need to know is can I do it on a Les Paul Standard? I know next to nothing about building and customizing guitars, I've only changed my pickups once, so any help is appreciated.
IF you can find it, there is a not-manufactured Floyd rose for an LP, but it's very hard to find. I'd suggest getting a kahler, they require significantly less routing.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you have no experience with this sort of thing would not be a good thing to do. As most wammies will require cutting wood out in front and back to fit. And the tuning stability isnt so good without a locking nut. And a good Wammy will cost. Stetsbars are almost 300 bucks. You would be much better off to go buy a guitar with a wammy.
+1 for stetsbar on les paul, much easier to install (no routing)
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
Quote by Tackleberry
If you have no experience with this sort of thing would not be a good thing to do. As most wammies will require cutting wood out in front and back to fit. And the tuning stability isnt so good without a locking nut. And a good Wammy will cost. Stetsbars are almost 300 bucks. You would be much better off to go buy a guitar with a wammy.

I know a guy who works at guitar center who might do it outside of work or I could just try it on my broken Special II and see how things work out. But yeah, if I can only find one for $300, I might just wait and buy a vintage 70's strat or an Ibanez.