Which small, possibly portable, practice amp would you say works best with amp modellers like PODs?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Hmm... You'd want something that's not modelling. But small, portable non-modelling amp? Probably with good cleans. If you don't need band practice-volume levels, maybe something like a Valve Junior?

Edit: On second thought, I believe it's rather vintage-voiced, so it wouldn't go well with something like modern metal.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Last edited by Fama at Mar 29, 2008,
Yeah, on the one hand, it shouldn't do any amp modeling of its own, but on the other hand, wouldn't a tube amp be a waste? I mean, people get tube amps to get tube amp sound. I think.

Any other suggestions?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Yeah, on the one hand, it shouldn't do any amp modeling of its own, but on the other hand, wouldn't a tube amp be a waste? I mean, people get tube amps to get tube amp sound. I think.

Any other suggestions?

Well, tubes bring warmth to the sound. That might be a good thing for you. However, the preamp coloration might be bad - or not, don't know till you check. But the vintageish voicing is bad if you want modern metal.
Quote by Lunchbox362
A keyboard amp.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by sg-rocker173
A keyboard amp.

That's a pretty good idea if you only want faithful reproduction of the modelling. I'm not sure how keyboard amps work with guitars feedback-wise, but I think it might be a good idea for you.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by Mad Marius
Which small, possibly portable, practice amp would you say works best with amp modellers like PODs?

I'm not sure what small and portable is to you, but there's the Atomic Reactor amp that was designed to be used with the Pod's. There's also the Tech 21 Power Engine that's meant to work with modelers.