Hi all

it's my first post here so n00b alert! I have been playing guitar for a few years but only recently got involved in building one from parts!

Anyway, I have a neck pickup (from a Squier tele, so quite "bottom of the range") that I got secondhand, originally I had planned to put this in the guitar I'm putting together but unfortunately the magnet part has broken! (this was due to an accident once I had it... it wasn't like this when I got it! )

As I said above, this is my first time doing this so I'm not really sure what is repairable and so on!

Do any of you guys know - is there anything I can do about this or is it just a new pickup required? (bearing in mind it is only a low-end one so is not worth paying $$ (or ££ as I am in the UK!) to get repaired or anything)

Photo below:

Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb question but please help me out!

Sandy
New fender pickups maybe?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by sandy_stranger
Do any of you guys know - is there anything I can do about this

/thread
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Just glue it back on like someoneyouknew said. It'll sound exactly the same as it did before it broke.
Not taking any online orders.
Cheers for the replies, I'll try sticking it back together first and see if we get anywhere... hopefully should be able to get a replacement magnet if not

Sorry I know it was a newb sort of question and to most people that know what they're doing with this sort of thing it's probably obvious!!