I'm looking to purchase a new bass amplifier. Something I could use in a band/ small gig situation. My limit is $500 (australian).
roland cube 60x bass version, the 30x is good but i dunno if its loud enough for small gigs
Quote by weorge
roland cube 60x bass version, the 30x is good but i dunno if its loud enough for small gigs

I've played a 100watt roland amp before, I liked it. Would 60 watts be enough for playing in a band?
Quote by IndianRockStar
Well from what I hear, Australian's get royally screwed on gear. I think for that price, just find an amp that is more than 100 watts, and is NOT a Behringer.

Yeah, I was considering a Kustom KB 100X
Edit button, don't double post.

And yeah. With Australia, get what you can, as long as it's not the B-word, or just crappy. (Same thing, har har!)
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by Pink Muse
Edit button, don't double post.

And yeah. With Australia, get what you can, as long as it's not the B-word, or just crappy. (Same thing, har har!)

Sorry about that. What specifically is bad about behringer amps, if you don't mind me asking?
They don't last more than a year if your lucky, and they sound like ass (as do most Behringer products).
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
There are two other issues with Behringer that should be mentioned: The first I quote from FAQ, because it was stated well, and I'm lazy, so I am going to "cut and paste"

"Overrating – When Behringer advertise their gear they will generously rate the output (Wattage) often quoting more than is true. Furthermore, they quote the PEAK output – the peak output is the output when the amp’s output spikes, not the RMS (root-mean-squared) which is the average. So they advertise something as being 300W for $200 and you’re thinking wow but actually it’s only 150W which isn’t as good value for money. It’s this while not deceitful but certainly not honest practise that has left a dark stain on their name."

The other issue is that when you have to get your failed Behringer fixed, dealing with their repair and warranty division is an experience not unlike the characters in Franz Kafka's "Castle", a seemingly endless frustration of having to deal with an arbitrary and capricious customer service department, and delays that will stretch into months.
Quote by LPBassist
I've played a 100watt roland amp before, I liked it. Would 60 watts be enough for playing in a band?

while it ist a behringer i would be fine
unless your band is really noisy
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Try second hand stores. I picked up a GK Backline 250 head from a pawn broker for $350. Its a nice amp.

Yeah, it sucks being here in Oz sometimes, we get ****ED on gear prices.