So the other guitarist of my band needs an amp. Myself, I have a 5150, but he can't afford one. We play some sort of death metal, influenced by entombed and carcass (who used jcm900s, no?) among others. Just recently I found this JCM900 4501 for a very good price. It's 25/50 watts, so we'll probably be able to squeeze out a bit of power amp gain from it, and he'll most likely buy an overdrive pedal too.

The main question is, would this setup be enough for our needs, could he match the sound of my 5150 at least somewhat?

And concerning pickups, he's got a Duncan Distortion in his guitar.
Last edited by Mittani at Mar 29, 2008,
by itself it`ll NEVER hit Death metal

My JCM900 with the Warlock in my sig is just shy of Slayer, it`s got the crazy amount of gain but missing some low end. and thats with EMG`s

now with my MT-2 metalzone it gets a death type sound.... but just that pedal isn`t the greatest... otherwords you WILL NEED a heavy distortion pedal.... the JCM900 is more of a Thrash metal amp not a Death metal amp

also, i don`t use drop tunings really, i`m in Eb so with the lower tunings Death metal bands use will probly help.
Maybe if he boosts it with an overdrive pedal (tubescreamer of sorts maybe), it might be able to do it.

Edit: But yeah, it's by no means meant to be a death metal amp.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Last edited by Fama at Mar 29, 2008,
^^ An EQ in the effects loop might also help, if you use it to boost the lower frequencies.
Quote by Slayerdeath
by itself it`ll NEVER hit Death metal

My JCM900 with the Warlock in my sig is just shy of Slayer, it`s got the crazy amount of gain but missing some low end. and thats with EMG`s

now with my MT-2 metalzone it gets a death type sound.... but just that pedal isn`t the greatest... otherwords you WILL NEED a heavy distortion pedal.... the JCM900 is more of a Thrash metal amp not a Death metal amp

also, i don`t use drop tunings really, i`m in Eb so with the lower tunings Death metal bands use will probly help.

As far as I've understood the 4500-series is the most br00talz JCM900, do you have one of those or any of the lower gain ones?

And yeah, we're in C standard.

As far as overdrive pedal goes, he had a Bad Monkey in mind.

EDIT: Saw your sig now...
Last edited by Mittani at Mar 29, 2008,
ok with a Ibanez SA I could get As Blood Runs Black pretty easy with my JCM900 and a Fulldrive 2. And i had more gain left on tap. could use a bit more low end though
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Mines a 4500 , i don`t know if it`s the most brutal one you can get or not but with EMG`s and the PA2 gain booster with the 18V mod, it`s pretty high gain, like almost melt down high gain... just it`s lacking in the bottem end, just alittle, i`m hoping a good 4X12 cab will solve that... also the celestion site said the G12K-100 (i think thats what the speakers called) would be a good choice for my style of music and my JCM900

i honestly don`t think a overdrive will work for what you want, i really think your gonna need a distortion pedal. and a EQ will probly do wonders too, i`m looking at buying the MXR-108 (i think thats the model) it`s a 10 band EQ.

I`m a Marshall fanboy and would normally tell you to get the Marshall but, in your case i`m not so sure, with the right setting and EQ`s and pedals and speakers, you`ll probly get there, but theres probly other amps that`ll do it with less work.
What other amp that can be acquired quite cheap would be a better idea, anyone? Remember that the 4501 is a 1x12 combo, and therefore not very expensive.