View poll results: is it worth it
yes
6 17%
no
30 83%
Voters: 36.
Im thinking about buying this amp

LOOK HERE

i have started to play large concerts but for some reason they dont mic up so i need something with a bit of

i play heavy metal + i sometimes play some clean stuff i want it to be loud when clean without being distorted

opinions???
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

Are you confused? You have like 5 genres mixed into one thing. Who's the dude with the lisp rapping? because I bursted out laughing.
It looks to me like another SS Half Stack which will just get muddy and horibl at anywhere over 3 on the volume.

YOu could match that volume with better sound using a 30/50w tube combo or half-stack.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
No. Get a nice 30 watt tube combo instead and you will be much happier.

FYI
3 SS watt= about 1 tube watt
It takes 10x the amount of wattage for an amp to be 2x as loud.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
ok then if no one likes my amp then can someone suggest a good tube combo / half stack that is quite chep and really loud?
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

Are you confused? You have like 5 genres mixed into one thing. Who's the dude with the lisp rapping? because I bursted out laughing.
What exactly is your definition of a "large concert"? If you're playing such big concerts, it seems odd that your price range would be so low.
Quote by sammixuk
Im thinking about buying this amp

LOOK HERE

i have started to play large concerts but for some reason they dont mic up so i need something with a bit of

i play heavy metal + i sometimes play some clean stuff i want it to be loud when clean without being distorted

opinions???

Any venue with a PA should allow you to mic up, there's no reason why they wouldn't let you. Even in bars, most don't provide a PA but your band can always bring your own. If you guys want to sound somewhat decent, you'll need to mic up. Otherwise, it's going to sound like a mess.

I've never played a SS Laney, but for that price you can get a decent tube amp.
can anyone suggest a good "gigworthy" tube amp for under £250

i guess they arent large gigs XD Not no stadiums XD

probably mediumish
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

OK, how many people are going to be at these gigs? Are you going to have a PA?
depends on where and what im playing can be any amount above 600
sometimes there is a pa sometimes there isnt but them gigs normally have around the 600 mark of people
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

under £250 please :P as i need it quite quick and i wont be able to get much more than that before i have to get one :P
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

5 watts yeah? LOL
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

Quote by acdcrocks0323
800 times, right...

Yup, but it depends, higher end tube models are 1000 to 1... But ill let you in on a secret Bugera's are 2000 to 1 but keep that one to your self dont want it leaking out..
I read this somewhere here on UG it said something like : If u like it, and you want it and if you have the cash then yes it's a good deal
At your price range theres nothing decent AND loud to have. That halfstack might be somewhat loud but it has terrible tone and headroom.

Are you sure 250 is your top price? Do you have any old gear to sell? Your current amp?

Randall RG50TC combo is both good AND loud (50 watts tube), Peavy Valveking is cheaper and still 50 watts tube but not as nice.
Buy a tube combo that ou like the sound of, regardless of volume, and an SM57. Buy the sound guy a drink and ask him where to plug the mic in.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
nope my old amp im sellling but its only a crappy one and its battered and im selling it to my friend for £35
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?