Page 1 of 3
Appreciate.
This week I have mostly been listening to...

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
As an additional remark, I would advise everybody to stfu and listen to Buz XD

Recommendations:

Drone:
Obviously, if you've not heard any EARTH, start there.
Sunn O)))
Boris
Teeth Of Lions Rule The Divine
Burning Witch
KTL

Noise:
Merzbow
Masonna
C.C.C.C
Cyberghostwolf
Whitehouse

Happy listening!

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

No worries!

Quote by MastaBassist10
Just to get it out of the way: Its not music.

Ok, really though, I love Sun O)))

Why is it not music?

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

NoiseX is pretty good I think for noise music lol. I don't I only have a few songs it's not really my style.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Anyone checked out the recommendations? Verdict?

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I did, haven't listened to it yet.

Buz O))), mind telling me which Whitehouse, Masonna and Merzbow releases to start off with?

Would Genocide Organ be considered noise?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I did, haven't listened to it yet.

Buz O))), mind telling me which Whitehouse, Masonna and Merzbow releases to start off with?

Would Genocide Organ be considered noise?

Merzbow:
Pulse Demon
Merzbeat

If you have the harddrive space, check out "Merzbox", its a box set he did of 50 new releases, if I'm right. He has like, 400 albums, haha. But its whatever you can get your hands on, its hard to find his stuff.

Whitehouse:
I only have Great White Death by Whitehouse, so thats what I'm going to recommend. It has a great selection of song titles, if nothing else appeals to you. "Rapemaster" being something that made me lol.

Masonna:
Hyper Chaotic is my personal favourite, but Ejaculation Generator is also good to start with. I've not heard any of his Vinyl stuffm but I'm curious, so if you come across any, be sure to let me know.

Also, Masonna and Merzbows prog rock band are OK, if you're into prog. They're called Flying Testicle...

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Would Dr Dre be considered noise? Because I was listening to The Chronic the other day and my grandmother told me to "turn off that god damn nigger noise." Is this a subgenre I was previously unaware of? Either way, I was impressed with her knowledge of music.
Your grandmother sounds like she'd get on with mine.

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Merzbow is largely unlistenable if you ask me. If you were listening to his music on the Underground and took your headphones off you wouldn't know the difference apart from the volume level.

Has anyone got Li Jianhong's latest album?
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Buz O)))
Merzbow:
Pulse Demon
Merzbeat

If you have the harddrive space, check out "Merzbox", its a box set he did of 50 new releases, if I'm right. He has like, 400 albums, haha. But its whatever you can get your hands on, its hard to find his stuff.

Whitehouse:
I only have Great White Death by Whitehouse, so thats what I'm going to recommend. It has a great selection of song titles, if nothing else appeals to you. "Rapemaster" being something that made me lol.

Masonna:
Hyper Chaotic is my personal favourite, but Ejaculation Generator is also good to start with. I've not heard any of his Vinyl stuffm but I'm curious, so if you come across any, be sure to let me know.

Also, Masonna and Merzbows prog rock band are OK, if you're into prog. They're called Flying Testicle...

Thanks for those.

How about rhythmic noise/power noise/power electronics? Any recs?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
^Is that actually true, or did you only post that because of the date yesterday? :p
Quote by raise_the_dead
^Is that actually true, or did you only post that because of the date yesterday? :p

Date?

Oh... April fools?

No, I read it in Mojo magazine (only bought it because it had a big feature on the specials so shush)
Yeah, heard a bit.
Need to get a proper copy of the entire thing though :'(

On a similar note, I know someone who listened to the entire thing straight..

took him 4 attempts, first 2 he fell asleep around the 42-43 hour mark, 3rd time he piked it at something pitiful like 30, powered through all 50 hours next time, haha!
Quote by teegman
Yeah, heard a bit.
Need to get a proper copy of the entire thing though :'(

On a similar note, I know someone who listened to the entire thing straight..

took him 4 attempts, first 2 he fell asleep around the 42-43 hour mark, 3rd time he piked it at something pitiful like 30, powered through all 50 hours next time, haha!

Ha. And I thought that listening to Caul's "A Golden Epiphany" was long.
I do have the Merzbox, but gtfo if you think I'm uploading 50 hours of music. :P

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by Buz O)))
I do have the Merzbox, but gtfo if you think I'm uploading 50 hours of music. :P

You mean, have the actual 50 physical cds, or have it all on your hard drive?

In any case, pwetty pwetty please?
I have the MP3 files on my hard drive. I wish I had the actual CDs though.I tell you what, I've got sweet fuck all to do today, so in between PS2ing, guitaring, and watching TV I'll upload maybe a couple. Probably "Metal Acoustic Music" and "Paradoxa Paradoxa", I love those two.

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by Buz O)))
I have the MP3 files on my hard drive. I wish I had the actual CDs though.I tell you what, I've got sweet fuck all to do today, so in between PS2ing, guitaring, and watching TV I'll upload maybe a couple. Probably "Metal Acoustic Music" and "Paradoxa Paradoxa", I love those two.

Thanks.
Thanks man
Don't upload them to here, the link will just be deleted and you'll get a warning/ban (depending on how I feel).
raise_the_dead you shouldn't be egging these people on!
I'm sure if you really wanted it you could do a five minute search of torrent sites and you'll find multiple copies. It isn't as though Merzbow is unknown.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Sorry Andrew

Please don't warn me
Quote by MastaBassist10
Would Dr Dre be considered noise? Because I was listening to The Chronic the other day and my grandmother told me to "turn off that god damn nigger noise." Is this a subgenre I was previously unaware of? Either way, I was impressed with her knowledge of music.

that sounds exactly like my friend's grandmother! Old racists are so funny.

Cody (who's dating a black girl): Hey G-ma, is it all right if I bring my girl over tonight?
Cody's G-ma: I'll throw that half breed out by her hair, if I see her!

lol...

But on topic, I like ambient noise.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Sorry Andrew

Please don't warn me

Not going to warn you, but if you're going to share stuff do it in PMs out of site of the mods backs so we can't object

RateYourMusic
Massonna is probably the most raw noise ive heard, almost unlistenable! But in a good way of course
Has anyone heard of Halo or Khanate? If I remember right I think Stephen O'Malley of Sunn O))) was in Khanate. I figured I would throw their names into the mix.
Page 1 of 3