ok so I heard that each fender mim strat and epiphone les paul standard plays different due to the different types of wood they use that is available at the factory. I was just wondering how do I know which is a good epiphone or fender. By the way is it ok for me to try like 10 of the same guitars at ken stanton?(ken stanton is a music store in atlanta . It only has 5 total stores so the service might be better then guitar center)
it depends what you want to play, but i would say the safest in terms of quality and longevity is the epiphone les paul, but i have heard that there are some decent low price fenders.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
They always use the same type of wood, that would just be greasy if they didn't. You'll notice on their webpage it will say the type of wood.
Some of the guitars are better than other ones, just look at it closely for any flaws/dents/etc.
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2
Quote by AllanM
They always use the same type of wood, that would just be greasy if they didn't. You'll notice on their webpage it will say the type of wood.
Some of the guitars are better than other ones, just look at it closely for any flaws/dents/etc.

the epiphones are supposed to use mahgony but if they dont have much at the factory they mix it with alder
u heard almost right, it's all quality control stuff, as long as it works they ship it out basicly, so some guitars are worse than other, meaning buy the one you play if it stands out... becase the next one may be a bad one that slipped out.
so they guitars vary between great and crap.

but in the end its your favorite one
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
u heard almost right, it's all quality control stuff, as long as it works they ship it out basicly, so some guitars are worse than other, meaning buy the one you play if it stands out... becase the next one may be a bad one that slipped out.
so they guitars vary between great and crap.

but in the end its your favorite one

thx that helped me out allot
Quote by thisismyacc
thx that helped me out allot

Just what i heard from the forums, and played in experience... Acctually id never order anything in i played an amerinan 70s reissue strat once that sounded like crap...
and bouncing around from one strat to anough help reassure that though...
don't forget if your willing to spend the extra money for an axe with a killer sound, lpay it unplugged first listen to its natural tone and feel, you can put kickass pups in it later if you need to, and most pups cost only about 100$ each...

Good luck with the new guitar hunting though.
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
Just what i heard from the forums, and played in experience... Acctually id never order anything in i played an amerinan 70s reissue strat once that sounded like crap...
and bouncing around from one strat to anough help reassure that though...
don't forget if your willing to spend the extra money for an axe with a killer sound, lpay it unplugged first listen to its natural tone and feel, you can put kickass pups in it later if you need to, and most pups cost only about 100$ each...

Good luck with the new guitar hunting though.

if i change the fat strat pick ups to kirk hammet model prewired pick gaurd think do you think i can get that real crunchy sound as well as the smooth sound?
Quote by thisismyacc
the epiphones are supposed to use mahgony but if they dont have much at the factory they mix it with alder

They always use alder. It's a mahogany body with an alder top and a flame maple veneer (only for flametop models, of course).
Quote by thisismyacc
if i change the fat strat pick ups to kirk hammet model prewired pick gaurd think do you think i can get that real crunchy sound as well as the smooth sound?

don't know, but if the pickup you bit in or anything is to high gain, your cleans wont work well, your best bet would be to put a high gain pup in the bridge and a good clean one in the neck/mid
i don't know muck 'bout the kirk hammet stuff as i like blues and rock though, but asumming your talking 'bout what I think you should be okay.
a easier alternative to that would to simple buy a overdrive or distortion pedal(depending on prefrence) and just adjust settings as needed...
lots of choices in guitar stuff, if i had enough money i would have all my guitars pups changed. but 2 of the little bastards are high maitenence damn gibson l6 and fender tube... vintage stuff....so needy, but worth it.
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)