I've always wanted to put on my own show. Just have a good sized setlist, and invite some other local bands. But how do advertise this sort of thing? And what's the best sort of place to do it?
I would put out some flyers for it. At Guitar Center, I have seen other bands in my area do that and leave em there for ppl to pick up. If you guys have a myspace, which i think you should, you should put something about it on there. Maybe send some e-mails with your flyer in it, kinda as an advertisement.
well first where r u located cuz my band is looking for stuff like this to play.

I would first just call up some other local bands and see if they can book a place to play and then just spread the news through word of mouth. or make it an event on Facebook.
i think a pub would be a good place to start with this sort of thing... you have to book the venue first and then get the word out as soon as possible
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
well, believe it or not, I live in Saudi Arabia. I live on an American compound. And in Saudi, alcohol is illegal, so there are no bars or pubs. I can reserve a building pretty easily, and for free.
Flyers everywhere, go to a mall or a crowded place and hand them out. Give the other bands flyers to hand out too, and offer them a little bit of cash for every person they bring.