Poll: Ml79 or Dime-o-flage
Poll Options
View poll results: Ml79 or Dime-o-flage
Ml79
13 72%
dime-o-flage
5 28%
Voters: 18.
Anyways, I guess it comes down to, should I wait and shell out the extra cash.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/product/reviews/base_pid=512908/rpp=10/

Dime-o-Flage, which I've heard mixed reviews about, but played one, and liked, or just wait and get

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-ML79-Electric-Guitar?sku=512932

the ML 79. Heard lots of good about it, but haven't played yet.

Looking for a nice, hard rock metal sound to go along with my strat.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
mow lawns mutha ****a.. shiiieeett back in the old days we used to go out in the fields and pick cotton.. turns out My boss was colorblind.

EDIT:not trying to be racist.
...and don't sig me.
lol, list some alternatives, and i will try.

Quote by LP Addict
dont get either, they are both gay, and both blow.

hardly constructive to the buying of my next guitar.

Besides, I didn't know the sexuality of the guitar made a difference in playability.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
mow lawns mutha ****a.. shiiieeett back in the old days we used to go out in the fields and pick cotton.. turns out My boss was colorblind.

...and don't sig me.
Which ever one is cheaper.
Nothing is more metal than knowing that a child in a third world country was overworked and underpayed when they made your guitar.
Quote by Crane965
Which ever one is cheaper.
Nothing is more metal than knowing that a child in a third world country was overworked and underpayed when they made your guitar.

listen to this guy, he knows what hes talking about. i salute you sir
Idiots. Can't anyone give a reasonable answer to this persons question? He asked which guitar and instead of telling him which one or and alternative you show large ammounts of disrespect. Buy the ML79. It is a good guitar. I don't care what people say that have never even played one. These people probably just hate them because of the DIME name.
Quote by ThrashJeremy
Idiots. Can't anyone give a reasonable answer to this persons question? He asked which guitar and instead of telling him which one or and alternative you show large ammounts of disrespect. Buy the ML79. It is a good guitar. I don't care what people say that have never even played one. These people probably just hate them because of the DIME name.

Thank you sir. I was leaning towards it, 150 dollars for some more quality didn't seem like a bad trade-off. And, yes, I do like the shape of the ML I will listen to any alternatives suggested though. I've been hitting the woodshed lately, and want a guitar better suited to faster and heavier playing.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Quote by ThrashJeremy

I actually dislike most Deans because they don't give you much for the price, specs- wise. They make $1,100 guitars that have LFR's. I don't think they have any guitars with decent passives, it's either the crappy Dean pickups or EMG's (They've also got the Dave Mustaine Livewires in a few guitars).

He'd be better off with an Epi or Agile LP instead of the ML79.
Actually the Dean pickups aren't that bad. They get the job done for distortion. I believe the ML 79 is a good deal. All Mahogany, gold hardware and so on.
Eh not an Epi fan. Could you link the agile to me?
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Get an Ibanez, Deans are ****.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I actually dislike most Deans because they don't give you much for the price, specs- wise. They make $1,100 guitars that have LFR's. I don't think they have any guitars with decent passives, it's either the crappy Dean pickups or EMG's (They've also got the Dave Mustaine Livewires in a few guitars).

Huh?

The ML79 has great specs for a 400 dollar guitar.

Mahogany body, Maple Cap, bound body and neck, rosewood fingerboards, string through and the stock pickups aren't bad either.

On topic, I'd say go with the '79 and if you need a Floyd, get a MLF79 or something.

Quote by DSchmitty

I don't know if I should laugh or feel sorry for you
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by DSchmitty

Lol send me some links! Don't just say something is crap, show me something better in the 400-600 price range!
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Quote by Ethicdoom
Lol send me some links! Don't just say something is crap, show me something better in the 400-600 price range!

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000rootthin.html

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Plus-Electric-Guitar?sku=513010

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Custom-GX-with-Dirty-Fingers-Pickups-Electric-Guitar?sku=515619

That's just assuming you don't want a trem or actives.
dig the schecter, definitely wanna check it out.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya

Luckily for him, it's not a 1,100 dollar guitar with a crappy LFR. The ML is a pretty solid guitar, I'm not going to lie to you.
I've narrowed it down to the schecter vs the ML 79.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I don't know if I should laugh or feel sorry for you

Ibanez >>>>> Dean

Look around at some ibanez RG's
I'd be cautious with Dean, I do know that a lot of their good guitars will cost you £3000+ and still have very obvious bad points.

Out of those two the ML 79 but it'd be worth looking at other brands. Such as Ibanez, Schecter, Agile, Washburn, BC Rich (their new stuff or 80s stuff, nothing in between) and ESP (providing you go above the 400 series).
Yeah, the ML 79 is the one I'm leaning towards, I also saw a nice schecter. I plan to take a trip down to nashville to play around and try out a wide spectrum: KY near me is pretty dull.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.