I don't even have a pedal yet, and i, obviously, don't know much about them.

So all i know is i want a pedal with a lot of distortion, but i don't want anything crazy like some death metal heavy crazy stuff like Cradle of Filth or something , i just want a lot of good distortion.

Any recomendations???

I forgot to mention i'm getting a new amp, i'm gonna be getting a Marshall DSL50, so just ignore the Spider III, please. [my bad]
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Mar 29, 2008,
Your Spider should have more than enough gain on tap. Most modeling amps do not take distortion pedals all that well, including your Spider.
well you have a line 6 spider so getting a distortion may be kinda redundant. Try looking for amps first.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
I'd recommend a different amp, then a Fuzz Box or Big Muff. Those are more like a soft distortion, where the pedal doesn't drown out the distinct tone of your guitar.
Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to.
i would check out the visual sound jekyll and hyde distortion, its got that whole distortion/overdrive thing so you get a lot of range, everything from really heavy distortion to really light crunch. everyones saying use your spider, which is good for now but i can see you probably want to upgrade that soon so get a distortion pedal when you get the amp
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah