I'm almost sure I'm gonna buy a Esp Eclipse, but I saw that they had a Yamaha that I really like in the store, the SBG1000 or 2000 it was. How good is this guitar compared to the Eclipse do you think? I think they're around the same price.

Do you think it's such a big difference between these two guitars that I should definitly get one over the other? (Shouldn't be.) Anyone who have or have tried on of these, I would like to here your point of view.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
All the experience I've had with Yamaha is their acoustics. My dad bought a G-130A off a friend for $40, 42 years ago. And it still plays great.

I dunno about their electrics though.
I'd go for the eclipse.
high end yamaha electrics ROCK. i got some vintage sg1200's from ebay from sometime around the 70's, and a semi-hollow 335 copy that is my baby, i never let it go!
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
higher end Yamahas are gonna be good guitars, I know for a fact Sammy Hagar uses them I'm sure there's others too, just go with the one you like the best
i know the low low end end yamaha's are awesome value.
pacifica's 'n stuff.
they are quality guitars.
xx
Fender Custom Tele, FMT HH
Michael Kelly Patriot Black
Peavey VK 212 (modded)
Member #24 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!

Quote by larrytheguitar
Would you eat the fish.
My friend has a low end Yamaha electric (the EG 112 or something), which is one of their lowest end ones.
You know, has a nice basswood body, holds a tune well, graphite nut, and it has a very comfy neck. Little chunky and stiff feeling, but good for the price he got it for (it came in a player pack for like 250 bucks)
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Ok, that sounds good, I'm gonna try one in the store soon.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I've never heard anything bad about Yamaha guitars. All I hear is that they're great value for your money.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Yeah, I've played low end Yamahas and they're a LOT lot better than some of the similar guitars in the pricerange.