hi i am buying the VOX AD15VT and also want a new guitar proberly a les paul, so whats the best one i can get for between £300-400.
thats what i was thinking of getting are they any good? do they sound good with the pickups they come with
Well I have one and I like it. The stock pickups are ok, but nothing really special. A pickup switch is always a possibility later on anyway
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
i know if you're into juniors,
you can get a Gibson LP Junior for about £450
but i suppose it's a different sound.
xx
Fender Custom Tele, FMT HH
Michael Kelly Patriot Black
Peavey VK 212 (modded)
Member #24 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!

Quote by larrytheguitar
Would you eat the fish.
Quote by johnny_tapia
Well I have one and I like it. The stock pickups are ok, but nothing really special. A pickup switch is always a possibility later on anyway

i agree they are good guitars and the pickups are not to bad, but you can always change the pickups later on at somepoint if you want, or i think the standard is almost the same as the custom but without the gold hardware
Quote by scottish nutter
i agree they are good guitars and the pickups are not to bad, but you can always change the pickups later on at somepoint if you want, or i think the standard is almost the same as the custom but without the gold hardware

That's right, the only differences between the Custom and Standard are cosmetic.
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
I'd go for the standard Epi LP.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by geetar_crazy
does the standard sound different in anyway?

Not really, the only differences are cosmetic
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by johnny_tapia
Not really, the only differences are cosmetic

True dat.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
is there a difference between the standard 2 and just the standard? or is some site i just went on just calling it Epiphone Les Paul Standard 2 Electric Guitar to try and confuse me lol
Quote by geetar_crazy
is there a difference between the standard 2 and just the standard? or is some site i just went on just calling it Epiphone Les Paul Standard 2 Electric Guitar to try and confuse me lol

This is my recommendation

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epiphone-les-paul-standard/870
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
ok cool thanks, do gak have a good reputation, dont want it to turn up all scrached or something.
Quote by geetar_crazy
ok cool thanks, do gak have a good reputation, dont want it to turn up all scrached or something.

I have never had a problem with any of my orders from GAK. One of which being that guitar
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
I would get a standard because it would cost less (mine is BLUE!) which means that you could get a pickup upgrade too at a later date.

I ordered a laney bass amp from GAK, and they sent me an ex-display model that had one of the plastic corner covers cracked. They said they'd send a replacement set, but they never did. That was by phone though, the online store might be more organised and careful about f*cking people over. and it's cheaper.

I got a Squier Std Jazz bass and a Vox AD50VT at the same time though, and they were in immaculate condition upon arrival.
i think im going to get the standard in vintage sunburst, is it easy to take the pickguard off one of them? do they have any marks or anything underneath the guard like screw holes or anything?
you will have a hole just under the bottom of the neck where a screw hold the pick guard on, and there will be a hole under the guitarfor the other screw, you can pput the scews back in to cover the hole, i noticed in the gnr sweet child of mine from tokyo that slash had a hole in his l/p gold top he used where he took the pick guard off