I love to play Opeth's "Ending Credits" lead guitar.
It's a slow, easy 2-part solo repeated twice along the song.

Can you please tell me more songs with long but easy solos, fun to play, that sound cool?
Preferably in the same sound style as "Ending Credits".

I've only been playing for a year and a half, so i can only play easy and kinda slow solos, like some of Nightwish's stuff.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Yeah, try the solo to Winter Madness by Wintersun.

xP Don't, your fingers will fall off.

I'm not a guitar player, I'm a bassist, but I think I'm still qualified to give some ideas

I would recommend maybe A Succubus in Rapture by Dimmu Borgir, it may be a little fast, but the song is just beautiful :3
almost all the songs off damnation have nice slow solos that build good experience
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by Linkerman
I love to play Opeth's "Ending Credits" lead guitar.
It's a slow, easy 2-part solo repeated twice along the song.

Can you please tell me more songs with long but easy solos, fun to play, that sound cool?
Preferably in the same sound style as "Ending Credits".

I've only been playing for a year and a half, so i can only play easy and kinda slow solos, like some of Nightwish's stuff.

Hours of Wealth has a pretty long solo.
Harvest by Opeth, I love playing it.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Why am I not suprised the only other suggestions have been Opeth suggestions?

You basically can't go wrong with Opeth, and you can't come close to them either, I suppose.
Windowpane's solos (on Damnation) are really easy and fun to play. Give 'em a go.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Haha, funny that you would say Ending Credits style Åkerfeldt himself says its totally a rip off from the band camel, check them!
Quote by tomten51
Haha, funny that you would say Ending Credits style Åkerfeldt himself says its totally a rip off from the band camel, check them!

Yeah, when i heard Mikael saying that in the "Lamentations" DVD, i went and checked a few Camel songs, and they aren't as similar to "Ending Credits" as you would think...

EDIT: i just taught myself to play Camel's "The Snow Goose"... Awesome song, just what i wanted -- long, slow solo during the whole song.

Can you suggest more songs of that kind, please?
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Mar 30, 2008,