http://www.nullphysics.com/menu_background.cfm?menustate=background&pgtitle=Background\

was thinking about getting this book. I think its about 60$ though. You guys think its credible?
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's Tricky...it's Tricky Tricky
It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's Tricky...Tr-tr-tr-tricky......... oh wait yeh sure dude go for it your money
Look in my eyes what do you see?
No. He forgot about M-Theory, which is not "incomplete" like String Theory, therefore he's lied to you, therefore he's a con artist. Buy it for teh lulz anyway and give us a summary.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
If you want a decent doorstop, it'd probably do the job.

And hey, if you get bored of that, you could always read it.
Meh. I've seen ads for it in PopSci, but the website looks really cheesey. Dunno, might be good. Read reviews on Amazon and such.
Quote by Slipping_Away
Meh. I've seen ads for it in PopSci, but the website looks really cheesey. Dunno, might be good. Read reviews on Amazon and such.

yeah since its 60$ I read some reviews and it seemed like a lot of people were impressed. I mean I doubt it has the "answers to the universe". I would just like a book thats not 100% rocket science so I can understand it.
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
Quote by liquidknowledg4
yeah since its 60$ I read some reviews and it seemed like a lot of people were impressed. I mean I doubt it has the "answers to the universe". I would just like a book thats not 100% rocket science so I can understand it.

If you haven't read it, you should try out "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking. It's quite easy to understand if you've taken high school chem and physics, and it explains many things very very well.

All the information is also widely accepted by the scientific community too, whereas the book in question is far from it from what I've read.
I wouldn't waste the money. There are some great physics books written for a lay audience (writers like John Gribbin, James Gleik etc) but this looks like a load of crap.
Ill suggest a book that got me into physics and such

"Einstein for dummies" by Carlos I. Calle

Really it's a good, easy to read book then i suggest the standard:

"Brief History of Time" and "Universe in a Nutshell" by Stephen Hawking or some Richard Feynman books

I found all thee books quite clear and easy to understand. I never found myself rereading a passage to get my head around what the guy's talking about.

The book you suggested, well it seems wierd and dodgy but I just had a brief look at it so i might be wrong.
It does raise a very interesting concept very similar to my own theory....its interesting, but worth the money?

I came to this idea on my own, I personally think mine is a BIT better developed, but what the hey, dish out $60 for something if you want

Its smart, and it will stimulate your brain.
Last edited by Tartan_nick at Mar 29, 2008,
Quote by LizarD0
Ill suggest a book that got me into physics and such

"Einstein for dummies" by Carlos I. Calle

Really it's a good, easy to read book then i suggest the standard:

"Brief History of Time" and "Universe in a Nutshell" by Stephen Hawking or some Richard Feynman books

I found all thee books quite clear and easy to understand. I never found myself rereading a passage to get my head around what the guy's talking about.

The book you suggested, well it seems wierd and dodgy but I just had a brief look at it so i might be wrong.

Thanks for the recommendations. My friend has A Brief History in Time, im going to borrow that one. We all know Stephen Hawking is credible too.
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
Quote by liquidknowledg4
http://www.nullphysics.com/menu_background.cfm?menustate=background&pgtitle=Background\

was thinking about getting this book. I think its about 60$ though. You guys think its credible?

See this review of “Our Undiscovered Universe” by Terence Witt from a professional physicist:
http://web.mit.edu/~bmonreal/www/Null_Physics_Review.html

Also see my review at http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~fiski/ouu_review.html
The flaws of this crackpot book are many and include:

Redefining the concept of infinity as a length with magnitude.

Defining a line as a series of points written as zeros, treating them as numbers so that they add up to zero and then treating the number zero as a point again!

A really bad atomic model "proving" that a electron orbiting a proton has a ground state that it cannot decay from by creating a new physical law.

Using the high school description of a neutron as a proton plus an electron and not realizing that this is just his atomic model!

Postulating that galaxies have "galactic cores" which are super massive objects that are not quite black holes and not realizing that the centre of the Milky Way is well observed. These recycle stars into hydrogen. Oddly enough astronomers have not noticed dozens of stars vanishing from the galactic centre in the many images that they have taken over the last few decades.

Conclusion: Bad mathematics and even worse physics.