I walked into my local guitar store the other day to try out some tube amps and played a couple fenders, a line 6 spider valve, and a marshall avt, not really being all that impressed by any of them. Then the Blue Voodoo caught my eye. I wasn't really looking for an amp head, but I thought I would try it anyway. I was stunned. This amp is absolutely breathtaking for the price. Did anyone else ever try one?
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
What is the price? I've heard good things about it.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Yes this amps are great!!! built to last and for the price, one of the best tube amps out right now. Buy it!!!
i have to disagree with everyone in this thread. The cleans were thin and no where near smooth enough, and the distortion was way off, sounded like bees.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
The Blue Voodoo was weak. Not horrible, but just alright.
I liked Valvekings better, and the Crate Palominos are much better.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
The Blue Voodoo was weak. Not horrible, but just alright.
I liked Valvekings better, and the Crate Palominos are much better.

are you serious? I thought the Palomino was nowhere near as good as the BV
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by gwitersnamps
What is the price? I've heard good things about it.

$750 for the head
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
I liked the palominos better than the BV because it's just tone preference. The Palomino had fatter cleans and a bit smoother drive IMO. Darker=Good for me.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
oh. I'm more of a fan of brighter tone than dark tone. For example, I love the tone of Peavey XXX's
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by nexteyenate
oh. I'm more of a fan of brighter tone than dark tone. For example, I love the tone of Peavey XXX's

Oh man I almost bought one of those lastnight.

But the B-52 was calling my name
Quote by nexteyenate
$750 for the head

Your getting ripped off, you can get them for $350-$400 average...

Also agree what they said above, sounds like a bunch of bee's and doesnt fill out well. Basically megadeth in a box and i dont like there tone that much.
Nate, there's a band from Martinsburg/Altoona called Echo Chamber. The lead guitarist uses a Blue Voodoo. I don't really like his tone to be honest, sort of thin. I believe he uses some sort of processor though. Not sure.

That's the only experience I've ever had with them.
Quote by p4wnkkthx
Nate, there's a band from Martinsburg/Altoona called Echo Chamber. The lead guitarist uses a Blue Voodoo. I don't really like his tone to be honest, sort of thin. I believe he uses some sort of processor though. Not sure.

That's the only experience I've ever had with them.

I need to get with it here....I didn't even know Echo Chamber existed and I live in Hollidaysburg...
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by nexteyenate

I tried one of those. Sounded like a friggin buzzsaw.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50