It's a kind of Spanish-guitar style technique where one will pick each note of the chord really fast in a kind of arpeggio style manner - a little bit like slowly raking your pick down the strings - except this is done with the fingers. Anyway, my question is this - how do I do it; are there any lessons about it that you guys know of? Any tips + advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Michal.
Quote by michal23
It's a kind of Spanish-guitar style technique where one will pick each note of the chord really fast in a kind of arpeggio style manner - a little bit like slowly raking your pick down the strings - except this is done with the fingers. Anyway, my question is this - how do I do it; are there any lessons about it that you guys know of? Any tips + advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Michal.
what you described is different from Rasgueado(yes you spelled correctly!). Rasgueado is a strumming technique and not "pick[ing] each note of the chord really fast in a kind of arpeggio style manner"

But were the lessons the guy posted above what you were talking about?
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by KryptNet
what you described is different from Rasgueado(yes you spelled correctly!). Rasgueado is a strumming technique and not "pick[ing] each note of the chord really fast in a kind of arpeggio style manner"

But were the lessons the guy posted above what you were talking about?

They were useful by all means, but not what I actually thought Rasgueado was. I have actually managed to learn what I was describing but now I don't actually know what the technique is called

It's kind of strange, instead of strumming the strings with my fingernails and give a kind of metallic, treble-y sound (which in my case is highly unwanted), I kind of quickly pick each string with my fingers which gives the same effect as strumming them with my fingernails but it sounds much warmer and nicer.
TS, to me it sounds like you're just "arpegiando" the chord. You play it like a normal chord only that rather than playing all the notes at once your play them in a quick succesion using your fingers. Another thing you can do is this. Do the chord and when you hit the final note, come back on it again with your ring finger and rake across all the strings.

Quote by confusius
TS, to me it sounds like you're just "arpegiando" the chord. You play it like a normal chord only that rather than playing all the notes at once your play them in a quick succesion using your fingers. Another thing you can do is this. Do the chord and when you hit the final note, come back on it again with your ring finger and rake across all the strings.

That's pretty much what I've been doing, thanks very much - after learning it wasn't rasgueado I wasn't sure what the correct term was so thanks for that too dude.
hey just an added thing. You should listen to Prelude N1 by Heitor Villa Lobos - if you can play that song...you've mastered the technique you're talking about

And thx confusius...I didn't know it was called arpegiando
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination