I've got 500 euros, and I'm a complete beginner at playing drums, I'm not going to take it seriously like playing the guitar but I need something good to start with.

I have this first choice: Pearl Drumset TG-685C = 395 EUROS

Second choice: Pearl Drumset TG-605C = 495 EUROS

Or I could choose (from here ) the ones that are <500 euros.

I need help from the drummers of UG.

and sorry for the language of the site, but I think you guys can understand some stuff.
what kind of music do you play?

EDIT: Also, why do none of the kits for <500 euros have a ride cymbal? You're gonna need a ride mate.

Last edited by Bennetts_strat at Mar 29, 2008,
go with the first one, the TG-685C. it's almost identical to the TG-605C, but 100 Euros less. and with those 100 Euros, you could go ahead and get another cymbal, maybe a Ride or a Splash, because if you pursue drumming, you WILL want more cymbals.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
I play allll sorts of metal, but I'm only going to use this drumset to learn basic and intermediate skills.

Quote by theking182
go with the first one, the TG-685C. it's almost identical to the TG-605C, but 100 Euros less. and with those 100 Euros, you could go ahead and get another cymbal, maybe a Ride or a Splash, because if you pursue drumming, you WILL want more cymbals.

They are identical, but the 605C is bigger I think, and I heard the 685c is quite small.
Definitely go with one of the Pearl's, if I were you I'de get the cheaper ones and buy a double kick pedal or something pimped like that
Quote by Portuguese_boy
They are identical, but the 605C is bigger I think, and I heard the 685c is quite small.

605C
Bateria
- Bombo 20"x16"
- Timbalão 12"x9"
- Timbalão de chão 14"x14"
- Tarola 14"x55S"

685c
Bateria
- Bombo 18"x14"
- Timbalão 12"x8"
- Timbalão de chão 14"x12"
- Tarola 13"x5"

These are the only differences in the drum set: Bass is 2x2 bigger, Tom 2 is 0x1 bigger, Floor Tom is 0x2 bigger, and the Snare is 1x.5(?) bigger. most of those aren't significant differences, except the bass drum. Are you a big guy or what?
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
by one then get more cowbells and cymbls...but definitly a cowbell, no song is coplete with out one.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
If you're a beginner, do the following. It is the best advice you're going to get on this subject - I know it was the best I got.

Buy a cheap kit. A starter kit, like Pearl's or Tama's cheapest 5 piece set available. Do not use the stock heads, throw them away. Buy totally new heads from Evans or Remo or someone; make sure they are the right kind of heads for the style/sound you want. To find that out, I'd suggest you find a drum forum and ask about it there or get to Evan's or Remo's main sites and read up on their selections. Don't buy only batter heads, BUT RESONANT HEADS AS WELL. They are just as important, if not more.

Anyways, once you know which heads you want, get them and then learn how to tune your drums properly. Again, the best way is to find a drum forum and ask them.

If you tune your drums well, you'll have your kit sounding as good as most 1 or 2 grand kits out there that are owned by losers who don't even have a drum key. Trust me, so much good sound can come from tuning. People throw away sooo much money on big expensive kits that sound like complete junk because they think, 'well I spent a lot of money on it, so it will sound awesome!' Its kind of like buying a $3,000 dollar blues guitar and playing it through a Spider III. Waste of money.
We're only strays.