hii, lately i havent been liking the pickups on my guitar, they are too trebly and hot. the problem is when i play clean i have to pick the strings uber soft, if i dont theres a lot of breakup. could you help me find a pickup with a really nice clean tone but sounds good for hardcore or metal when distorted and gets nice harmonics. btw i have a gisbon sg with a 500t humbucker and a peavey xxx amp
It's going to get knocked by some people on this board, but a properly set up JB would be very good for that. It has great harmonics and cleans up and has a huge dynamic range.
You should also change your tone capacitor. The stock ones in most guitars are useless, and only sound good turned all the way up. Get two orange drop or a mallory .047s and put those in while you're doing the pickups.
I have an sg, and whenever i play clean, i use my neck pickup, then switch to me bridge for distortion, works good. btw my neck pickup is really low, so it wounds very mellow
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
thanks so which jb would be best for heavier stuff? and what do u think about burst buckers?
Quote by sacamano79
I have an sg, and whenever i play clean, i use my neck pickup, then switch to me bridge for distortion, works good. btw my neck pickup is really low, so it wounds very mellow

I forgot to mention that, but it's worth trying. You can also lower the neck pickup to reduce the output.
Quote by sgaxman123
thanks so which jb would be best for heavier stuff? and what do u think about burst buckers?

There's only one JB.
Burstbuckers are pretty low output. You could try them for metal etc, but you'd need an OD to make up for their lower output.