hi, i played a friends esp ltd ec 1000 today and it was great. I can afford a 400 series so how do they compare?

will the 400 series be anywhere near as good?

thanks
to my hands they felt almost identical. the only difference to me was the abalone binding everywhere
is the diference only that small on the ec or also on the other series?
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
is the diference only that small on the ec or also on the other series?

good question
i wish theymade a ltd ec with a floyd :P
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I asked this question some time ago too, you can maybe not see any difference, but there is, the EC-1000 should be better in all aspects. Build quality and quality control the most. I have decided to go all the way and buy a real Eclipse instead after I tried both the EC-1000 and the Esp Eclipse in the store. There is nothing wrong with the 400, but if you can afford it, go for a higher series. Damn, I just found another guitar that I want, Yamaha SBG1000, and I can't decide between the Eclipse and that. I will have to go to the store and try both those out again.

Good luck.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
The quality should be the same for both because they are both made in Korea, both in the same factory. Things besides looks that set the EC-1000 apart from the EC-400/500 are the tuners (ESP locking vs. Grover) and the bridge (Tonepros bridge vs. generic TOM bridge). Playability wise, the EC-1000 will have better intonation and tuning stability. But you should be happy with both.
Last edited by steel337 at Mar 30, 2008,
Better hardware on the 1000, and abalone if you like that. 2 extra frets on the 1000 as well, but that moves the neck pickup towards the bridge, so the tone should be a little different there.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28