So I have $400 and I've been looking into a multi-effects processor. I've narrowed it down to a Line 6 Pod XT Live and a Boss GT-8 (I can probably bring down the price on the GT-8 if I bring cash).

It's going to be for playing at home, and for the occasional times that I play plugged into a PA system. What I'm looking for out of the amp models are a good Fender or JC clean, JCM800-like tone, and a Mesa Recto tone. The effects I'm looking to mainly use are fuzz, delay, a small amount of chorus, some phaser, and vibrato. Over time, I'll probably find use for the other effects included when I'm bored and messing around at home. A simple user interface is also a big +.

Can GG&A help me choose between these two?
All i can say is GT-10!!! Because its coming, but i am not saying GT-8 is bad, in fact its awesome but GT-10 im guessing is an improvement (though i will pass because i love my GT-8). Same price, so wait a couple of days. They were ship yesterday, so should be stuck in a couple of days

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-GT10-MultiEffects-Pedal?sku=151133

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtdfQIZhq7g
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Sorry, the GT10 doesn't really interest me as of right now. I'd maybe get a GT10 if they weren't a brand new product, but it's from Boss, so it's bound to be good in terms of modeling. Also, I'll check out the links when I get home (I'm on a computer at Schlotzsky's right now...)

I tried a Line 6 Pod XT Pro yesterday and I love it. It's probably going to be what I end up with.
the POD's a pretty cool unit (from what i've heard of it). I've been interested in trying it out, but i kinda want to do so with a tube poweramp (rather than an SS crown thing). It seems to have all of what you're looking for, and they're not uber-expensive, so I'd go with that.
Thanks for the input. If I had the opportunity, I'd definitely try it with a tube poweramp if I could. I've tried a Pod through a Fender Twin Reverb, and to me, it sounds awesome.
with the new gt-10's coming out, the gt-8's are going to be come dirt cheap=ftw!
I've been using the POD for about 6 months now started out with the VOX DA 20 and PA. Now it's a Valve Jr and PA. This gear gives up alot a great tone. Go for the POD.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Ghold125
with the new gt-10's coming out, the gt-8's are going to be come dirt cheap=ftw!

Not really. Probably $399 like the POD XTL when the XL3 or whatever came out
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky