i found two guitar bodies on ebay that im thinking of buying but i want an opinion

1. the first one is an ibanez rg series body. its look nice with no problems and i can get a neck for it if i wait a bit

2. the second is an pan/aria les paul 70's project body what looks good but it has some scratches and a few dings. my main concern is the binding is kind of damaged. is that a problem?

what im looking for in opinion is which one would be more fun and better to do for a project? im planning on stripping the paint on either of them and putting an artistic twist on it. if you can think of any problems with any of this bodies please let me know and mostly i really need to know if the binding on the les paul is going to be a problem and if i can just take away all the paint and redo it all one solid color. thanks
it would be better to see the bodies, then judge
Quote by Godsmack_IV
ur so cool rockhard182

Quote by Phill-Rock
There's always a time and a place for domestic violence.

Quote by recklessnick
i diy all my orgasms.
DIY PONX FTW!
I'd go with the aria.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Mar 29, 2008,
what about the binding? its that a problem? how do you fix a binding? what is a binding anyways?
Dude, ya crazy?

Buy that LP!!!
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by leader01
ok already did now what aobut the binding problem?

I don't think it'll be a problem, I don't think it would be hard to fix and I don't think it would be a problem if you left it how it was, it's not like it'll effect the way it plays...

oh I just saw that one post, uh...binding is pretty much just decorative strips of stuff on the edge of the guitar, if you want it fixed just take it to a tech it might cost a little bit but that's one option...
Last edited by david_highland at Mar 29, 2008,