right now i have Sony ACID Music Studio 7.0, i was wondering what the best recording software is. i need something that can record multiple instruments at once, all of our band's instruments connect to the computer via USB cable.

thanks!!
Protools (requires hardware like an M-audio sound card), or Adobe Premiere Pro, or Ableton Live, Cubase, are some good programs to look at.

I would recommend Adobe though, great for multi track recording, especially through USB. Second would be protools, then Ableton, then Cubase.
What's your budget? Not that it matters because you could always download but Audacity is completely free and pretty good, I think. Adobe Audition is good too. They're the only two i have tried though.
Quote by 12Jim34
What's your budget? Not that it matters because you could always download but Audacity is completely free and pretty good, I think. Adobe Audition is good too. They're the only two i have tried though.

Reaper > Audacity. both are free
fght ff yr dmns. wrt sngs n yr slp. fight yr dmns your DEMONS. w lv y. w mss y. i lv y s mch tht t hrts m hd.
Quote by Lastin
Protools (requires hardware like an M-audio sound card), or Adobe Premiere Pro, or Ableton Live, Cubase, are some good programs to look at.

I would recommend Adobe though, great for multi track recording, especially through USB. Second would be protools, then Ableton, then Cubase.

Multi track recording through USB? Are you sure? I have looked high and low, asking god knows how many people and no one says it's possible nor have i found any program that allows multi tracking through USB.

Personally, i use tracktion. Its the easiest program in the world to use AND you get version 2 when you free whenever you buy a Mackie product; ANY Mackie product.
Protools is the industry standard but you need a very good computer and an M-Audio interface
garageband.

best out there. but its only for macs.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by fenderbassist12
garageband.

best out there. but its only for macs.

they released sequel (maybe sequence, i forget which) that is the equivilent of garageband but for windows.

and audacity sucks sooooo much.

use reaper for free.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Whatever but if I was to rate the austinaracadium he gets a 10.

My Gear

Stagg S350-MRD
Epiphone LP-100
Yamaha F325
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Rage158 (for sale)
Crate Palomino V8
DigiTech RP250(for sale)
MXR M-86
alright, so far it seems either Protools or Sonar Producer Edition is the best. which is better?

thanks
Last edited by afi22929 at Mar 29, 2008,
IMO means in my opinion, just making sure you knew that. Also with protools you have to buy M-Audio hardware, whereas with Sonar you can use whatever mixer you already have. Features wise they are pretty close, but Sonar is more efficient with RAM and processor use.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
IMO means in my opinion, just making sure you knew that. Also with protools you have to buy M-Audio hardware, whereas with Sonar you can use whatever mixer you already have. Features wise they are pretty close, but Sonar is more efficient with RAM and processor use.

ha, now i feel like an idiot, i'm just not used to seeing it in caps. i'm gonna check out sonar.

thanks!!
IMO cubase is good if your new to recording / dont know much about mixing and audio editing, its easy to use for people like me

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]