Is is better to make your own amp cable?
And if so, how do i do this?
And are there websites for this?

All i need is the basic cable from the amp to the guitar.
O O

___
where did you hear of the idea
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
Quote by david_highland
first, why would you want to make one as apposed to buying one?

dude, read the first sentence!
"Is is better to make your own amp cable?"
i'm just trying to learn.
because i've heard plenty of people on here just say, "i just make my own"
so i got curious, and wanted to find out?
O O

___
Just go buy one. Why would making one be better?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Bobsam3
where did you hear of the idea

just in random threads.
O O

___
Quote by soul_power
Just go buy one. Why would making one be better?

I DON'T KNOW, THAT'S WHY I WAS ASKING.

Man, it's just a question.
O O

___
making patch cables is more useful, in fact, extremely useful!

you could whip up a custom one real easy

look up a user called twostring, theres a tutorial link in his sig
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
making patch cables is more useful, in fact, extremely useful!

you could whip up a custom one real easy

look up a user called twostring, theres a tutorial link in his sig

i just checked it out, and from what i've seen, it would really just be easier to buy a new one.

i guess it would be good to have that knowlege for when your only cable breaks or something in that area...but yeah, thanks. That was a total help!
O O

___
Quote by david_highland
first, why would you want to make one as apposed to buying one?

- It's a lot cheaper to buy high quality cable and plugs than to buy a high quality ready-made cable
- You get exactly the lengths you want
- You can match whatever cable you want (quality, thickness/how easy it is to bend, ...) with whatever plugs you want (quality, size, straight or angeled, ...)

Also, if you don't already know how to do it, then learning it gives you a useful skill.
Quote by TheBax
i just checked it out, and from what i've seen, it would really just be easier to buy a new one.

i guess it would be good to have that knowlege for when your only cable breaks or something in that area...but yeah, thanks. That was a total help!

well i had a cheap ish 20' cable, and the plugs had really bad connections, so for roughly $5 i was able to cut the old plugs off and put new ones on and save a $40 cable

one time i was short of a patch lead, so i cut a length of cable the right size and saved myself a heap.

you can neaten up complex pedalboards if every cable is exactly the right length, too
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I don't know why all of these people are so ignorant of cable making.. its much more useful, and cheaper beleive it or not. I dont know how to make them, but i have heard of it and how much better it is.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by whoismilan
- It's a lot cheaper to buy high quality cable and plugs than to buy a high quality ready-made cable
- You get exactly the lengths you want
- You can match whatever cable you want (quality, thickness/how easy it is to bend, ...) with whatever plugs you want (quality, size, straight or angeled, ...)

Also, if you don't already know how to do it, then learning it gives you a useful skill.

+1

I was hoping this thread developed into some links to buy quality parts for making cables. The result should be cheaper, higher quality cables as well as improved soldering skills. Win-win if you ask me.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Dude, if you just wondered if it's better to make your own: Why did you pick that thread-title?
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Last edited by perkristian876 at Mar 29, 2008,
Quote by acdcrocks0323
http://www.performanceaudio.com/

Go there and get some nice mono Neutrik jacks. Then buy some Canare GS-6 cable. It ends up being about 12 bucks for the highest quality cable I have ever used and much cheaper than Monster and Mogami and Planet Waves.

What he said. All those other people, if you have no idea what you're talking about, please don't reply.

Alternatives to the neutrik jacks are switchcraft, and alternatives to the canare are mogami (the plain cable, not the premade one).

Also, if your soldering skills aren't up to scratch I'd firstly buy a really cheap cable and practice on it (unsolder the jacks, cut the end of the cable off, strip it down, solder it, repeat). You can search online for tutorials, and try and find a picture of what a properly soldered cable should look like (it can be tricky stripping the wire).
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure