Thread says it all. Is there any amp that stands up to the Roland Micro Cube in that price range? I am no looking for a specific tone, it just needs to have tone comparable to the Micro Cube.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
considering the micro cube is $100-$115 cdn

i have yet to see anything better or similar for the price range
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
i was looking for an amp comparable to the micro cube too, and the vox DA5 caught my attention. it's only 7 euros more expensive than the cube here, but IMO sounds much better (probably partially due to the bigger speaker). it also has a separate mic input which i use all the time, very handy. it's only marginally larger than the cube too. i recommend the vox over the cube if you don't play metal.
I don't know if you consider 200 american to be in the range still, but the 30 watt Orange Crush is one of the best solid state practice type amps for the money. It sounds excellent.
Eh, 200 is a bit too much. I will look into the Vox DA5, if anyone else has personal experience, or experience with a similar priced amp that is good, post would be appreciated.

My friend has the Vox AD30VT which kicks so much ass. I know the Vox DA5 is not comparable to that amp, but I am sure it still has nice cleans and I can get a good classic rock sound out of it.

Also, does anyone know how the Vox Pathfinder 15R is?
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
Last edited by Funcoot at Mar 29, 2008,
Quote by Funcoot

Also, does anyone know how the Vox Pathfinder 15R is?

It's basically Vox's generic bland practice amp (kind of like the Roland Cube 15).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Funcoot

My friend has the Vox AD30VT which kicks so much ass. I know the Vox DA5 is not comparable to that amp, but I am sure it still has nice cleans and I can get a good classic rock sound out of it.

They have the exact same modeling engine in them, the difference comes from smaller speakers, and lack of a tube. Some people would disagree and say its just a marketing thing, but the tube does make a difference to the tone, I checked by changing it to a JJ for a little while and the amp became a little darker and wetter. The DA5 doesn't have that little boost of tubeyness, but it still sounds great on its own, just a little less natural. The best amp in that price range.
Quote by TimmyPage06
They have the exact same modeling engine in them, the difference comes from smaller speakers, and lack of a tube. Some people would disagree and say its just a marketing thing, but the tube does make a difference to the tone, I checked by changing it to a JJ for a little while and the amp became a little darker and wetter. The DA5 doesn't have that little boost of tubeyness, but it still sounds great on its own, just a little less natural. The best amp in that price range.

Thank you very much. This will be my amp of choice!
Quote by smirnoff_black