OK, i just got a Macbook Pro and it has garageband. unfortunately, i dont have anyway of attaching my guitar to it so that i can record. what sort of cord/adapter should i use? Where can i get this?

Thanks
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Well...

Do you want it to sound *good* or do you just want sound?

You might want to think about investing in something like a Line 6 Toneport UX1.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I really just want it to sound right now, garageband has effects and stuff, but yea, im thinking about investing in something like a boss ME -50 eventually or something like that, i dont have much money right now though, soooo
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
get an adapter that will let your patchchord go into the mic input on your computer. The source or something should have them.
sigh...
If you don't care about great sound for now, use the iSight microphone. I do a lot of recordings with that, and it's usually fine. That Behringer thing looks alright, too, I suppose.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by bored_maniac33
OK, i just got a Macbook Pro and it has garageband. unfortunately, i dont have anyway of attaching my guitar to it so that i can record. what sort of cord/adapter should i use? Where can i get this?

Thanks

you need to go to the proper form...R&R and read the stickies as well as watch the videos...
moved
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by kyle62
Behringer UCA202 is fine. Not worth spending any more unless you're after top-quality professional gear.

its an interface, and it gets the job done, but this unit has no program and RCA inputs meaning you would need to run a small mixer with it...
Behringer does have a tiny mixer that would work...one XLR input on it and a few stereo inputs so you could run outputs of your guitar FX pedals.