Ok so my friend has an old(ish) broken acoustic guitar...the heads snapped off up to about an inch above the nut and the head is chucked (yeah stupid), it was his bro's and the wind knocked it over, so i was wonderin what i should do with it (fyi he's givin it to me). the saddle won't stay in but otherwise it looks pretty good. Should i begin learnin guitar building? tear it apart and make a hat? or what? Thanks
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Rofl @ thread title...I was geniunely worried for a minute there...
Originally Posted by apocalypse13
What, does singing "Moderfukin death, Sat@n is t3h 1337!!" make you feel tough?

Gear:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser (EMG 81/85)
Framus Dragon Head
Orange PPC2x12 cab
ye tare it apart and fix it back up etc fiddle with it ya know... i did it with my first guitar a yamaha erg 121 i think it was... ye iv had a few since them and if id never took it to bits the ones iv had since i would have been paying for them to be fixed whenever they broke, but thanx to just pissing about with a old modle i know how to do most things now and how they wort etc
yeah, i thought this was really about a dead body at first

you went and got me all excited for nothing : (
giggidy-gigidy-giggidy-giggidy

stage setup:
heavily modded yamaha
modded strat
fernandes- no name

carvin 100 head through marshall cab
Quote by ParkerScks
ye tare it apart and fix it back up etc fiddle with it ya know... i did it with my first guitar a yamaha erg 121 i think it was... ye iv had a few since them and if id never took it to bits the ones iv had since i would have been paying for them to be fixed whenever they broke, but thanx to just pissing about with a old modle i know how to do most things now and how they wort etc

anything specific?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Repair it, perhaps?
My first ever project was a broken off headstock, and really a lot I learned from fixing up two acoustics with cracked body's (including quite a few How NOT to's) One never got over the treatment and died a few days after leaving the shed, but the other one actually became a really nice sounding and fully functional musical instrument.
Anyway; taking apart an acoustic, with all it's glued joints, is a difficult job that requires a lot of expertise. What better oppertunity than this to hone these delicate skills?
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Repair it, perhaps?
My first ever project was a broken off headstock, and really a lot I learned from fixing up two acoustics with cracked body's (including quite a few How NOT to's) One never got over the treatment and died a few days after leaving the shed, but the other one actually became a really nice sounding and fully functional musical instrument.
Anyway; taking apart an acoustic, with all it's glued joints, is a difficult job that requires a lot of expertise. What better oppertunity than this to hone these delicate skills?

wait so should i make a replacement headstock out of some other wood?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Quote by aaron00lee
wait so should i make a replacement headstock out of some other wood?

That would be one option.
Taking it apart another.
Bringing it to a skilled luithier would be another possibility
It all depends on how good and valuable the guitar is. If it is thoroughly crap, you may first try to refit a headstock and if that doesn't work out you can use it to develop unglueing skills. In the end you'll at least get some spare parts from it, such as the bridge and pieces of wood that can serve to fix up other guitars.

Just be sure you don't do this on a pre WW-I Martin so we don't have to come over to unglue your joints