Is it any good?
I'm really not not a fan of multi-effects, they sound alright on practise amps but on a bigger amp I never have any luck with them at all...

I'm currently using a Peavey Valveking 212, I've got an EQ, Od Pedal, Reverb Pedal and Delay pedal, amoungst a few others,

But I was just wondering how it sounds quality wise? I own a Boss me-50 and it sounds absolutly awful...
I will always think analog is better than digital because they are more "true". What I find with digital is this: Very quiet but you got 5000 sounds and only use like 5 of them so why not get those sounds for real?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by backtothe70s
I will always think analog is better than digital because they are more "true". What I find with digital is this: Very quiet but you got 5000 sounds and only use like 5 of them so why not get those sounds for real?
+1
And, hey, what are stupid friends for, if not to borrow whatever effects you might be needing?
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
So you reckon I won't like the Gt-8 if i dont like my Me-50?
Its alot more versatile, it has amp channels as opposed to just the pedal units which the me-50 has.
I haven't had much luck with my GT-6, and I've played with a GT-8 and it doesn't seem much different, and I'm using a ValveKing 100 head. It's actually quite irritating. It cuts the signal it seems. The tube overdrive is just crap when using the GT-6 in the effects loop.
-limefan913

Quote by Chad48309
Quote by The_lizard_king
Originally Posted by The_lizard_king
It really does relieve stress. I was pissed off for a week because I didn't jerk off, so if you quit it you will go mad.
I don't think that's the correct use of the phrase "going mad."
Quote by sdmf.1919
So you reckon I won't like the Gt-8 if i dont like my Me-50?
Its alot more versatile, it has amp channels as opposed to just the pedal units which the me-50 has.

i had an me50 and then i got the gt8, didnt realy like either of them, the gt8 is just an me50 with more stuff on it
I really like mine! My gear is in my sig and i've been really pleased with the GT-8. I need versitility in my setup as i play pretty much anything other than metal, which it can do, and at the kick of a pedal i can go from one song setting to the next.

Compared to the harmonic response of my amp, the GT-8 ins't as good but with enough tweaking the in-depth midi edit function it allows you to create some fantastic analogue sounding tones that really are accurate and most certainly not digital.

Some of the amp models are fantastic (with a tiny bit of tweaking) but some are questionable but there are about 45 so there are enough to play with. Again some of the Preset patches are questionable but there are some really good ones and a good acoustic simulator patch.

It's also easier to lug around, i just turn up to an event/gig with my guitar slung over my back and my GT-8 slung over my shoulder in a carry case. Plug it into the PA and instantly you have all the tones/effects/settings you need to do your setlist.

There are inovative features like the ability to model two amps in stereo with a slight delay between them. Without having to buy another amp, switch box and delay pedal you can create an atmospheric blistering tone.

Some of the effects are pants to be perfectly honest. Some of the distortion models are just unrealistic and really digital however there are enough good ones there to satisfy anybody from a "MUFF Fuzz" to a "Blues Overdrive" or a "Metal Zone". The Wah isn't too bad (crybaby and vox are modelled) and phaser/flanger/rotary/pan are very good and have lots of editing possiblities.

In essence the longer you play with the GT-8 the better it gets. So before you write it off as too digital or awefull spend enough time tweaking it and all of those tones can be created with enough work < but it takes time, there are lots of websites to help and even a GT-8 thread on here somewhere that has really helped me. It is always going to be debateable whether digital modelling can truly perform to analogue standards (inevitably it will at some point in the future) however i like the GT-8.

It does cut the signal slightly maybe a couple of decibels but it probably does this to clip/remove any digital signal distortion (<probably going to get flamed for that comment)

The GT-8 is a big move forward from both the GT-6 and ME-50 however the GT-10 isn't that great just has an easier to use interface.

Anyway if you have any questions pm or drop the GT-8 thread a line somebody will help you.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S