When tuned to standard guitar tuning (E A d g b e) the guitar is the key of ___.
Please help answer this and explain why
Isn't it C? All the notes are natural...
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
when a guitar is tuned its not really in a key its just allows you to get different notes lower or higher pitch in different positions for example if your in drop D tuning you can get a low D on the " E" strings, a note which you wouldnt be able to get on standard tuning. Thats the way i know it but i may be wrong.
Quote by metalrhoads
when a guitar is tuned its not really in a key its just allows you to get different notes lower or higher pitch in different positions for example if your in drop D tuning you can get a low D on the " E" strings, a note which you wouldnt be able to get on standard tuning. Thats the way i know it but i may be wrong.

Wait... WHAT?????
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
ok to make it simpler. standard tuning EADGBE, half step down is EbAbDbGbBbEb that means that you can play notes that are one half step lower. In standard tuning you cannot play an Eb that low. its kinda hard to explain without a diagram.
Well let me explain. I want to learn to play songs on my guitar and harmonica but I want the harmonica to be in a simular key as the guitar so they would sound simular... so it is really more of a harmonica question than a guitar question I suppose
The guitar isn't really in a key, however any music you play will be.

I think that generally speaking instruments that are "in a key" have a single octave of notes.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you can play in any tuning you should learn your circle of fifths if your harmonica in the key of C you should play on the guitars notes that are in the key of C. CDEFGABC.
key of G is GABCDEF#G and so on. go to the theory thread and look it up.
But what would like to know what the key is for standard tuning, I realize that it can be changed but is there a specific key for standard?
the guitar isnt in key, your song is in key...so if you get a harmonica in E major, you play the notes in E major, and if you want to get A major you cannot do anything to the guitar to do it, you would need a harmonica in A major...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by marpat101
But what would like to know what the key is for standard tuning, I realize that it can be changed but is there a specific key for standard?

It's not in a key.

Something like a harmonica is in a key, because it only contains specific notes...a guitar can play any note you want equally well.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com