Alright, so I'm building my own guitar and a pretty important question is bogging me down: should I have one pickup or 2? It may seem like a very obvious answer (most would say 2) but this is going to be a show guitar, not a guitar that I will play constantly as I have another for that. The guitar will be something along the lines of this baby (Type in Angel Sword Guitar in Google to find more pictures). Yeah it may seem impossible and blah blah blah, but I'm not putting up this thread so you can tell me that I'm gonna fail, I need some help. I'm thinking that it's going to have a Floyd Rose style nut at the head and a Steinberger bridge w/ tremolo arm, that's the only way I can think of that the real ESP version has tuners that aren't at the head (a tune-o-matic is another way to go but I'm not looking to spend a crapload of money on this). So back to the original question, I'm probably going to get an EMG-81 as the pickup for this if I only use one pickup, but if I do that, that I need to know what position to put it and such. If anyone has schematics for any guitar that has only one pickup or of a Flying V (I'm going to try to use that as a starting point and heavily modify the shape) than it would be very helpful.
one, in the bridge. same as the pic. with that design u wont be able to fit two pickups
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
that is an ugly ass guitar. Why would you do that to an instrument... its like giving your baby Fetal Alcohol Syndrome on purpose... if you want art make a painting bro....
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
that is an ugly ass guitar. Why would you do that to an instrument... its like giving your baby Fetal Alcohol Syndrome on purpose... if you want art make a painting bro....

+2

Your at +3.5 If we get to 10 you lose.
Weekend Warrior
Quote by Øttər

I really don't care dude, I made up my mind and thats how its gonna go, so either give me some insight or don't post.