I need all the pros and cons for the Peavey VK 112. I'm planning on buying it, and i dont want some buyers remorse afterwards. So does anyone have experience with it? I need all the pros and cons anyone can supply. Thanks.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
What type of music do you play?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
What type of music do you play?

Oh my bad, forgot about that.
I normally play thrash, or any form of metal basically.
I play anything really, but its normally thrash, death, or any form of metal.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
Quote by MakeItWitChu
Oh my bad, forgot about that.
I normally play thrash, or any form of metal basically.
I play anything really, but its normally thrash, death, or any form of metal.

Well the amp is voiced more for a modern type of sound. So thrash might not sound quite the way you want it. And for death your gonna need a pedal.
I had one but I couldn't get enough gain out of it for Thrash and Death metal without turning it up, and my family got annoyed because they don't really like metal.
But the cleans are great, so if you get a pedal you could probably make it sound really nice.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Stock, the Valveking isn't exactly that impressive. But mike.h pimped up his Valveking for about $200, but for that price, I'd suggest a B-52 (used).
You should be ok if you play with the texture control and maybe throw a pedal in front.

I'm sorry that I'm not listing out the pros and cons, but I'm way too lazy for that.

Are you willing to buy a used amp? For $500 you can get a used Peavey 5150 which is pretty much *the* lower-priced high gain amp to get.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Iceman 420
Stock, the Valveking isn't exactly that impressive. But mike.h pimped up his Valveking for about $200, but for that price, I'd suggest a B-52 (used).

With the Bad Monkey, Im sure the pimped VK will surpass the AT112. Its just absolutely amazing with the BM infront of it.

If you dont replace the stock 12AX7s (theres no need to really), you get the JJs (35 bucks) and you get the Vintage 30 Clone from warehousespeakers ($45 I believe), thats only $75 bucks.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Ace amp!

It has enough gain with my metal muff; stock, no pedal it does thrash fine, but for death you will need a pedal.

It has a nice mix of modern voicing and classic voicing.

Cleans are really nice, and the lead channel has an awesome Vai/Satriani type of sound imo.

I advise it if you can't get more money and play a lot of genres...It's the best amp imo in the price range. (and does metal.)

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Quote by FacingUsAll
You should be ok if you play with the texture control and maybe throw a pedal in front.

I'm sorry that I'm not listing out the pros and cons, but I'm way too lazy for that.

Are you willing to buy a used amp? For $500 you can get a used Peavey 5150 which is pretty much *the* lower-priced high gain amp to get.

I would be fine with buying used, and i'll look into it, thanks.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
Quote by MakeItWitChu
I would be fine with buying used, and i'll look into it, thanks.

I would try the cleans on the 5150, not heard good things about the clean channel.

Then again, if you don't use clean a lot...

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood