Hey UG, after like 20 minutes of googling my question, I got tired.... so I would love to know, how do I put a jack in the front of my guitar. I do not understand how that works without a jack plate or something. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
yeah but how am I going to attach the jack to the body without a plate? The hole has to be bigger than the jack right?

If I did it from underneath then the jack wouldn't be long enough to come out the front though....
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
yeah custom guitar. The thread is in the link, just go see it.

And don't double post in my thread. This is MAH HOWSE! just kidding....
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
first off good joob on building it (if u did it). but i would say put the jack below your knobs, how is the back for area for the knobs done is there a control plate that gets screwed in, ause if its already got a routed are just get a drill that matches the measurements fothe jack and drill a hole in the same routed out area as the knobs, thats what i would do
forget the jack, if googling is physically tiring to u GO SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL HELP!

NOW!

im calling 911......
dude I have no idea what the hell you just said... A+ for enthusiasm, C for execution.... I kinda think I know what your getting at sort of, but can you re explain that in better english?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
That's what I did on my guitar, I just made the jack on the top of the guitar. Worked pretty well, but I had to drill a tiny bit deeper in order to get the jack through enough to put a nut on.

P.S. Otter, your the man. You sigged me.

another alternative is to drill another pot hole between the two existing and enlarge the furthermost right pot hole to fit a jack. It would probably be easier to reach the tone pot this way
Weekend Warrior
Last edited by ML_Guitar09 at Mar 29, 2008,
Thanks ML ahaha. But I mean, the top of my guitar is thicker than a jack... So I guess I'l just do what you did, and drill a slightly deeper hole. Ok thanks.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər
Thanks ML ahaha. But I mean, the top of my guitar is thicker than a jack... So I guess I'l just do what you did, and drill a slightly deeper hole. Ok thanks.

Yea you just have to be really care, cause if you drill through your pretty much screwed unless you get a large nut that still fits your jack.
Weekend Warrior
A word of caution: If you've seen a list of the issues with SGs, you'll notice, among other things- Necks diving, broken headstocks and... jacks getting punched right through the face of the guitar with minimal force. It's a very weak spot, so be careful. I'd say use a modest washer to distribute the stress over a little wider area.
Quote by Øttər
Hey UG, after like 20 minutes of googling my question, I got tired.... so I would love to know, how do I put a jack in the front of my guitar. I do not understand how that works without a jack plate or something. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

the same way as you put a pot in the guitar.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x