I joined this band last year because they needed a bassplayer for their demo. Normally I was just going to play with them on their demo and then leave them, but I stayed cause I liked those guys. Now a year later we're recording a new demo and I got into a fight with the guitarplayer. He was angry at me cause i couldn't come to the rehearsel when I was SICK. Now I desided to leave the band after the demo and focus on my new band. But now my two bands have a show the same day, the same place. (This is after the demo). Should or shouldn't I play with those guys when they still haven't found a new bassplayer?

(sorry for the long introduction)
Quote by Metal-X

He died a long time ago, now they just have him attached to strings to move around.
might as well just play with them, then officially quit after the gig.
To be fair, you were sick, and you've moved on now. They should respect that.
Talk to them.. and tell them to get a bassist fast..

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
just don't play if the guitarist had a fight with you because you were ill, it's not worth it
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
The guitarist sounds like an asshole. If you want to leave the band, I think you should explain to him that you're in a different band now and that you'll play the show with them but you're going to leave them after that.
How much time until the show?

If it's like, this week, just play with them and leave the band. If you think they have enough time to get a new player, quit now.
Who dat?
how does the rest of the band feel about the fight between you and the gutarist?
also, did you call the rest of the band when you were sick to tell them you couldn't make it? cuz recently, one of my band mates was sick, but didn't call me or anyone else. We had to find out on our own a little too late so I was pissed. but we all kissed and made up so its all good
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
they all knew I was sick. The gig is in 3 weeks but they knew I was leaving for almost 2months now and haven't made any efforth to find a new bassplayer cause they think that I will stay after I told them a million times I'm leaving
Quote by Metal-X

He died a long time ago, now they just have him attached to strings to move around.
Quote by unacceptedloner
they all knew I was sick. The gig is in 3 weeks but they knew I was leaving for almost 2months now and haven't made any efforth to find a new bassplayer cause they think that I will stay after I told them a million times I'm leaving

then theyr just bein lazy, ditch them. 3 weeks is plenty of time to find a new bassist
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
It all depends on what you feel like doing. But to get yourself out there more, play as much as you can, gigs and otherwise. Play the last show and move along. The more you play, the more people see you, the more they know you. And you never know, playing a show can lead to a ton of other oppurtunities. Good luck.