Poll: What should NIU do?
Poll Options
View poll results: What should NIU do?
Renevate cole hall where the shooting occured and spend the money on other things around campus
10 67%
Knock down cole hall and build a new building
1 7%
Leave cole hall as a memorial and spend the money elsewhere
4 27%
Voters: 15.
As some of you are aware NIU or Northern Illinois university saw disaster on Feb 14 2008 when a shooter walked into a crowded lecture hall and open fired on the class killing 5 students and injuring many more. Anyway now they want to destroy the building where the shooting took place. for my english class i'm writing a paper on why the $40 million the federal government promised us to build a new building would be better spent on other things around campus So what do you think?
I say renovate. Why spend that much money when you can upgrade the exisiting building for less plus make upgrades elsewhere on campus?
It's already there, all they need to do is add security and stuff. They should spend it on the edjoocaishuns.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

they want to destroy the building because of the shooting, but since one of my friends died in the shooting i believe destroying the building is like letting the shooter win.
Quote by slash16x
they want to destroy the building because of the shooting, but since one of my friends died in the shooting i believe destroying the building is like letting the shooter win.

I'm sorry to say but, the shooter already won.
I say knock it down and make a memorial to honour your friends.
RIP