i am having some fret buzz(if you didnt figure it out) but it is only in the some frets like the 17th in the g strings and the 15th in d and A string so do you think this is cause of old strings? they have 3 months of extensive usage
my bass is the squier in my signature
or it could be a neck dive?
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by vinniebeast
Check your action and intonation

my action is a bit high
intonation? whats that
sorry is just in english i dont know some of the terms
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
thats kind of weird.. ive been getting alot of fret buzz with my squier. I adjusted the trust rod and I it seems to have helped a bit but im still getting alot of buzz.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
The intonation won't change anything to do with fretbuzz. Neck relief on the other hand, very well may. Relief is adjusted through the truss rod.

i figured it had something to do with the neck
when i travel in airplane i must affected it in someway but when i tried to adjust the trus rod(i have never tried it before) i heard a click sound i did not push hard or anything i think it was the string it hited the hexkey(or whatever is called) so i`ll wait for my teacher to set it properly
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by Miss G
thats kind of weird.. ive been getting alot of fret buzz with my squier. I adjusted the trust rod and I it seems to have helped a bit but im still getting alot of buzz.

what do you mean a lot? like in all frets? cause i only have it in the higher frets and not in all of them but is around the 15th and 17th fret that the buzz makes it unplayable
is like the 13th fret is free of buzz, the 14th is like a bit barely audible, and the 15th is just a click sound like just the fret sounding withouth the string
i just checked for bend neck is is a bit "upbowed"(i gues thats the right word)
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Upbowed is definitely not the right word Is the head bending toward the frets (forward bow) or toward the back of the neck (back bow)?

i gues it would be forward bow
but to be sure
http://www.tunemybass.com/bass_setup/bass_neck_relief.html
is the up bow look the image in the link
or at least it seems that to me
BTW i am going to change strings next week so should is adjust the truss rod after put them on the bass?
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Last edited by litus at Mar 29, 2008,
Yeah, that's how it's supposed to be. Okay, that means it's definitely and action problem, which I thought it was when you said it was buzzing on the higher frets. You need to raise the action of the strings causing it. As for string changing, if you were changing gauges then you'd want a truss rod adjustment.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Yeah, that's how it's supposed to be. Okay, that means it's definitely and action problem, which I thought it was when you said it was buzzing on the higher frets. You need to raise the action of the strings causing it. As for string changing, if you were changing gauges then you'd want a truss rod adjustment.

but my action is high already
i think is the strings because i did not have this problem when they were new
also my action was lower at that time but after the extensive use of 3 months they feel really bad, i raised my action yesterday to the point i dont have any fret buzz
but at that point the strings where too high and i was very uncomfortable to play
i put my action in a comfortable not to low place but the buzz is there on the high frets
maybe the new strings will solve the problem
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by litus
what do you mean a lot? like in all frets? cause i only have it in the higher frets and not in all of them but is around the 15th and 17th fret that the buzz makes it unplayable
is like the 13th fret is free of buzz, the 14th is like a bit barely audible, and the 15th is just a click sound like just the fret sounding withouth the string
i just checked for bend neck is is a bit "upbowed"(i gues thats the right word)

my g string is fine, but the others have alot of fret buzz from the 12th up

here are a few sites I found http://www.stewmac.com/tradesecrets/ts0033_trussrod.hzml?jrl=5575&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ts0033&clk=123296

http://www.garywillis.com/pages/bass/bassmanual/setupmanual.html

might help you out

If I were you id get some new strings and then adjust your truss rod or have it set up properly.
thanks guys
i have another question
i am trying to reduce the relief on my neck to see what happens maybe it could reduce the fret buzz, but it is really hard to move the hexkey
it is normal? i mean it is very hard
i cant move it and i dont want to push too strong cause i am afriad i broke something
EDIT: i just tried to turn it to the other side(1/10 turn or something really little) and it was easier but i heard a clicky sound is this normal? it was not something really noisy but anyways i dont know anything about this things
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Last edited by litus at Mar 30, 2008,