this is my newest song, it took me the entire day (12 hours) to figure it out and mix it and everything. I fixed it a little this morning and uploaded it on my myspace. I think my singing has improved but it has a lot to be desired. thoughts?

"finish me" on my myspace
Im writing as i listen, i like the instrumentation. Vocals, hmm, sketchy, but i think it works with this song. Infact, i like them alot. Wouldnt work for say, enrique inglesias but why be a clone?
The whole feel of the song is very tom waits esque i think, just really ****in alternative. Love the minimalist drums. The bit where you raise your voice and say 'without giving back' is very good, really emotive. I think the one problem is the lack of bass-not neccesarily the instrument but more the lack of the frequency, it needs some more bottom end, its a little too high up in the frequencies but thats got charm. I really really like this song, really cool, add some bass in there, possibly some cello or something (i presume the other strings were samples) and i think it would be a great song. Well Done.

I just feel that with this song, there is something really different about it, its not just, chord, chord, riff, solo, riff, chord, finish. Theres something else that sets it apart and for that i admire what you have done.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=824649

Cheers tobz
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
vocals sound great man, no need for another take IMO. Just some sweet cello or something, double bass sumyt like that.

peace
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
I agree with that guy, the vocals definitely give the song the personality it needs, considering the lyrics.

Very alternative, very nice, simple, nothing too special, and you have yourself a kick ass song man.

I like the climax at the end, where it starts to forte a little bit,

and the last lines= a perfect resolution.

a cello would sound perfect in this song.

good job with that one.

crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=824528

check out "where I stand" if you could too.

thanks!
I like the feel of it, vocals could be a bit louder at the start but other than that it's okay. It has a nice melody to it. Don't worry about style of the vocals, keep doing what you're doing because it fits the song perfect. As you said your vocals aren't amazing, but they're not bad at all. Although the recording sounds thin, it is good. You could add a touch of low end to it and it would thicken up the sound, other than that it's good!

Crit mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=822784

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
i enjoyed that song, something different for a change, i agree i think the vocals suit the song, the mouth organ? was a nice touch. well done
"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life.Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!" ~ Billy Connolly
I really like your vocals. I think they suit that style of music perfectly. I just wish they were slightly louder! Not too much though - I think that adds to the charm of them.
The sound that wasn't the piano or your voice was quite annoying I thought. If you played something similar on a cello or something that would be awesome (but then again I'm a sucker for a cello :P) I do understand though that most people don't have access to a cello (e.g. me!)
Good work. I'd like to hear some of your future songs!