I don't know jack s*** about what I need for this, but I have some shop experience and I have a basic idea about what I want it to look like, could you guys help me? Do I have to make it from wood or can I use resin? What tools do I need to make the neck, body and head? I know where to buy the electronic components and all of that stuff but I don't know where to buy the body stuff.
I myself would not wanna build a neck. Theres alot you can mess up. You probably could mold some resin into a body, but it wouldnt sound as good as wood would.
As I said, I know nothing. How does wood make it sound different? Where could I get something that I could shape to my liking that is wood?
Stewmac can supply you with everything that you will need to build a guitar such as a body blank, neck blank, truss rod and many other things. You will need to do alot of research on guitar building and measurements etc. Project Guitar is a great source of information and some of the more skilled builders could probably answer some of your questions but its always a good idea to do as much research as you can yourself first.
Quote by qotsa1998
I myself would not wanna build a neck. Theres alot you can mess up. You probably could mold some resin into a body, but it wouldnt sound as good as wood would.

Why wouldn't it sound as good? Don't mock me, but why would the material make a difference if it's electric, Isn't it the strings and pickups that make the sound not the body?