Anybody download it yet? Im downloading mine right now. Anybody notice any differences?
a few problems are solved, but every review said it wasnt the godsend that vista needs to not suck balls
I tried to get it via Windows Update as the site recommends, and that failed miserably.

So, no.
link?
This week I have mostly been listening to...

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
As an additional remark, I would advise everybody to stfu and listen to Buz XD

exactly what everyone needs--an service pack for Vista. heres the solution----DOWNGRADE TO ****ING VISTA!!
Quote by djmay71
exactly what everyone needs--an service pack for Vista. heres the solution----DOWNGRADE TO ****ING VISTA!!

how does one downgrade to the most recent version of windows?
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX
how does one downgrade to the most recent version of windows?

I think it was meant to be a joke as Vista sucks more than XP
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

i downloaded it a few days ago.

i havent really noticed a difference.

it does shut down and start up faster now, so i guess that might have something to do with SP1. i thought i read about it improving shut down or something, but i could be wrong.
Emos are like Vista, most people bash them just because everybody does it and most people don't even know why.
Vista is great, the only downside for me is the lack of compatibility but it's being worked on.
If you see a poor child, don't give a fish, give him a guitar.
Quote by eggo_boi_15
I think it was meant to be a joke as Vista sucks more than XP

ive been sigged *tear*
I've had Vista for awhile, and got the service pack a week ago. The only reason you people bitch about Vista is because you've never used it, tried it on a computer that was piss poor and couldn't run it, or are complete morons. Everyone seems to forget all the XP bashing that was going on when it first came out as well.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by i have to pee
I've had Vista for awhile, and got the service pack a week ago. The only reason you people bitch about Vista is because you've never used it, tried it on a computer that was piss poor and couldn't run it, or are complete morons. Everyone seems to forget all the XP bashing that was going on when it first came out as well.

i bash vista now because it has MAJOR problems, everyone is well aware, compatiblity is terrible on it, and i have used it on a 3000 dollar laptop, i know rushed work when i see it

ur statement may hold true for most vista bashers but not in this case, M$ decided that looks were somehow more important than functionality
Quote by nt1440
i bash vista now because it has MAJOR problems, everyone is well aware, compatiblity is terrible on it, and i have used it on a 3000 dollar laptop, i know rushed work when i see it

ur statement may hold true for most vista bashers but not in this case, M$ decided that looks were somehow more important than functionality

Please tell me what didn't work on your Vista machine then? I know EVERY program and device I used on my XP machine works on my Vista machine. I have not seen any of these "major" problems except the "I only have 512mb of RAM, VISTA sucks!!"
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by nt1440
ive been sigged *tear*

HAHA

that line was pure rofl
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by i have to pee
Please tell me what didn't work on your Vista machine then? I know EVERY program and device I used on my XP machine works on my Vista machine. I have not seen any of these "major" problems except the "I only have 512mb of RAM, VISTA sucks!!"

Yeah. don't you need at least 1GB of RAM to run vista?

Anyways, I just got my VAIO like two days ago, and it has vista. So far I have had no problems with it and it runs like a dream. I don't see the reason for all the vista bashing.
Quote by i have to pee

wasnt my computer, but anyway, (keep in mind this was only a month or two after vista came out) for some strange reason the lexmark printer i was setting up with it wouldnt work, it seemed to forget i had installed the software everytime i plugged it back in. No support for the shortcuts of the laptop (brightness controls things of that nature). CONSTANT dropping of the wireless network, and the painful experience of navigating through the new "lets make it pretty but not based on logic" menus. Windows is and pretty much always has been a memory hog as well causing noticeable stutters on an HP machine with 2 GB of RAM. (yes i no a dedicated video card may alleviate some of the memory suckage due to that FANTASTIC aero display)

as far as im concerned, vista will be alright only when BASIC computers are up to par with its minimal requirements. Its like a ploy to get everyone to buy a 3 grand computer just to make sure everything works properly. i cant afford that, and it will be at least another 2-5 years before BASIC level computers will have it.
Quote by eggo_boi_15
HAHA

that line was pure rofl

lol thanks, it was from personal experience actually

im always the one that my friends run to when they **** up their computers, my first response is usually "you used limewire to download a song didnt you?" when they say yes i say "songs arent 112 kb, moron" it shuts them up pretty quickly
Quote by nt1440
wasnt my computer, but anyway, (keep in mind this was only a month or two after vista came out) for some strange reason the lexmark printer i was setting up with it wouldnt work, it seemed to forget i had installed the software everytime i plugged it back in. No support for the shortcuts of the laptop (brightness controls things of that nature). CONSTANT dropping of the wireless network, and the painful experience of navigating through the new "lets make it pretty but not based on logic" menus. Windows is and pretty much always has been a memory hog as well causing noticeable stutters on an HP machine with 2 GB of RAM. (yes i no a dedicated video card may alleviate some of the memory suckage due to that FANTASTIC aero display)

as far as im concerned, vista will be alright only when BASIC computers are up to par with its minimal requirements. Its like a ploy to get everyone to buy a 3 grand computer just to make sure everything works properly. i cant afford that, and it will be at least another 2-5 years before BASIC level computers will have it.

You just have a bad time then because I haven't had any problems. But you are right about the cheap computers won't run it, even without Aero.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
You just have a bad time then because I haven't had any problems. But you are right about the cheap computers won't run it, even without Aero.

well im sure it was largely due to the fact that it was just released and therefore literally almost no support, (i think they should GET support before a release)

i was really pissed about how i couldnt use the laptops shortcut keys because of lack of support on a MADE FOR VISTA (read: exluded from that whole "ready for vista" fiasco) high end HP
I work at a computer store, so I hear people complain about Vista 100000000x more than a lot of people, and trust me, its all people who HEARD it from a friend, and thats why they think it sucks, not because they've tried it, ugh. I don't even bother trying to tell them it's not that bad anymore, I'll let them listen to their friends who probably heard it from other people.

I have Vista and BARELY have any problems with it, other than the random blue screens of course.
Quote by nt1440
well im sure it was largely due to the fact that it was just released and therefore literally almost no support, (i think they should GET support before a release)

i was really pissed about how i couldnt use the laptops shortcut keys because of lack of support on a MADE FOR VISTA (read: exluded from that whole "ready for vista" fiasco) high end HP

Why your buttons don't work, that sounds more like an HP problem than a Vista problem. My laptop controls work just fine.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
I need to reformat my computer before I get it. Going to install Vista on an independent partition so I can easily format it again if I need.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

I hate Vista

I'm going back to 98
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
You have to download it from Microsoft.com I think. That is what I did at least. It takes awhile to install though, and has several restarts but does fix some issues.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
Why your buttons don't work, that sounds more like an HP problem than a Vista problem. My laptop controls work just fine.

again, compatibility issues
the only complaint i have about vista is that its not compatible with AIM yet, like some features dont work =/
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I've been using Vista for the past several months now and never had any problems at all. No compatibility issues, no BSoD, nothing.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by C.C. Deville
the only complaint i have about vista is that its not compatible with AIM yet, like some features dont work =/

im using AIM on vista. i havent noticed any problems, but maybe i dont use those particular features.

ive been using Vista since early September, and i havent had any issues with it yet. its a bit slow starting up sometimes, but once im using it, i dont have any issues.