Page 1 of 2
Hey, Iam buying a guitar this summer, I have a Slammer.Hammer. Guitar now but its too worn out now and I want something with a great stage appearance. Iam searched alot and came up with the Dean Star Shaped Razor and B.C.Rich Draco. I have a Boss GT-8 and a Vox AD50VT Tube Amplifier so the guitars original tone wont matter much, but as I heard B.C.Rich guitars doesnt play well clean, so that disappoints me a little. Please tell me which guitar to buy between these two or if anyother you know(How about Ibanez). My price range is around 1000K 100 above wont matter much. Iam a average guitarist who just likes to solo basically. I never took serious classes(Maybe I will) so please give me anything complicated and technical(but I can play a hell lot of difficult stuff..playing since 4 years now). How difficult and nice is it to play a 12 string guitar, I was wondering about double neck guitars too..

Thank You
Varun Anand

P.S: Oh yes sorry for giong off the topic but how does the fret board size really matter??I read about it alot..which one is better for fast soloing??
Sell your amp and put the money towards a fully valve amp before thinking about a new guitar.
good bc rich play good clean and the dean is a very good choice but it is up to you
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Ok...lets take your barrage of questions one at a time.

Which to buy, BC Rich or Dean....personally neither. Unless you want to build a campfire in which case the thicker lacquer on the BC Rich will burn longer.

"I have a Boss GT-8 and a Vox AD50VT Tube Amplifier so the guitars original tone wont matter much"

.......Your friggin kidding right????

How difficult and nice is it to play a 12 string guitar

Not any more difficult if you are familiar enough with a 6 string. The strings are only 1/8" or so apart so if you have decent fretting ability you can make it work.

Oh yes sorry for giong off the topic but how does the fret board size really matter??I read about it alot..which one is better for fast soloing??
It matters only in the respect of comfort. The reasoning behind different neck sizes is personal comfort along with a little tone. People who have large/long fingers often find skinny width fret boards harder to play and vice versa.
Washburn N4
Gibson Les Paul Standard 60's neck
Warmoth Strat w/ SD and fender PU's
Carvin VL212
ADA MP1
Boss GT-10
It depends on personal preference, go and try out the guitars you mentioned and see which you prefer. An Ibanez S or RG would be good to try as well.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by Friendly Stoat
It depends on personal preference, go and try out the guitars you mentioned and see which you prefer. An Ibanez S or RG would be good to try as well.

not on topic, but the link in your sig to the rg group is kinda busted, just thought you should know.
No one cares what your guitar looks like in the studio. Remember that. Hell, I own a Parker. I'll be the first to tell you...
Quote by hawk5211
not on topic, but the link in your sig to the rg group is kinda busted, just thought you should know.

Ah yeah. Bugger.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by metallica92
get neither, you'll just look like any other 15 year old wannabe rich kid.

Iam 17 and please dont post such stupid replies..what want to increase your posts or what??

anyways I cant try anyone of them out as I can only order them and then buy. If B.C.Rich does sound good clean I think ill go for that but I would still really like to see someother guitars too. Oh by the way I love my amp and its great, why should I sell it??

Thank you all for yours replies by the way:P:P
Oh yes I downloaded the Ibanez 2008 catalog..they are really nice but I got no idea about the prices or which one is good..please suggest some and I would like a good shape though..and I dont want my guitar for studios or anything(for that il go for a les Pauls or something) Iam buying this one for basically stage playing..Oh I play rock music though if I dint mention above..
lemme guess, you play mostly metal because otherwise i wouldnt suggest either of those guitars. If you want something that sounds god clean as well as metal than try this.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SL3-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=512237
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
You may want to consider the Draco, as there aren't that many of them out there. Looking at the prices they get on ebay, it seems that they hold their value pretty well.
It is a pretty polarizing body shape (love it/hate it), but the dark cherry burst one at NAMM this year almost made me want one.
The Dean may be a nice guitar, but they are (if you'll pardon the expression) a "Dime" a dozen.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
lemme guess, you play mostly metal because otherwise i wouldnt suggest either of those guitars. If you want something that sounds god clean as well as metal than try this.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SL3-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=512237

Wow thats surely in my list now..thanks..anymore options though??
And yes I usually play Rock..Hmm metal kind of same..The guitar I want should do good solos..it will be great if its clean is also good..
Hmm I saw the Dave Mustaine Series The Angel Of Death..How about that one?? Does it sound good??I do can raise my budget though..Plus one more thing..does anyone know a good shaped double necked guitar??I love love one of those..
And now ill know iam confused between

Explosion Razorback
Dave Mustaine Angel Of Death
B.C.Rich Warbeast
Jackson King V
Draco

Any double neck you know??
Last edited by Still Thinking at Mar 30, 2008,
For that money I'd look more on features and tone than looks.
Now you can get a looker but those guitars aren't much tonewise, they're okay. But the money goes into the looks.
If you go BC Rich I'd look at the gunslingers if you're looking for a trem (Retro or Power) an NJ mockingburd, warlock, whatever for fixed bridge (I think some have trems also) and I believe these will be cheaper than the draco not sure.

Now for Dean . . you can't really go cheap however, it might be a better investment 9if you dont' want a trem) to go for the ML '79 or something similar as these don't take all your money (leaving for an amp/pedals/guitar parts upgrade).

However if you're not fussed on brand, take a look at the ESP/LTD EX and F series, the Ibanez Xiphos (if you're willing to change/block the trem on it) and Iceman (maybe Destroyer or V if you can find them), Charvel Stars (if you can find them) maybe some Edwards guitars.
Quote by Danno13
There's always the Dave Mustaine Double V...

Its Too Expensive:P:P

And thanks alot Punk_ninja Ill surely take a look on those guitars too..But I dont like Edwards Guitars that much..and maybe iam getting a little brand name freak..maybe..and I do want a really good looking guitar..its for stage performances..

Anyone with a good looking double neck guitar??
Last edited by Still Thinking at Mar 30, 2008,
neither, they're both ****e...
MIM Tele
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall ED-1 Compressor
Morley Power Wah
Boutique booster
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Electro Harmonix #1 echo
THE BEAST (head)
Line 6 Spider II head
D130F
Greenbacks
Quote by Punk_Ninja
maybe some Edwards guitars.

^^^+a billion^^^
Did someone miss this?
Go get your shovel.
I wouldn't get either really.....I love Dean and B.C. Riich but those guitars aren't very good models from either....I would say that a Beast, Mockingbird or Warlock/Warbeast would be much better while still looking good....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by SynGates7X
^^^+a billion^^^
Did someone miss this?

Now edwards would be a class candidate. If the production models don't suit you (they probably will) the signature series still have good prices. I found an Anchang signature (edwards) for £700 on ebay ($1400) it's star shaped, floyd rose, SD pickups, alder body.
If I had the money and means to buy off ebay it would be in my hands as we speak.
Quote by BladeSlinger
I wouldn't get either really.....I love Dean and B.C. Riich but those guitars aren't very good models from either....I would say that a Beast, Mockingbird or Warlock/Warbeast would be much better while still looking good....

The Warbeast is in my list..

Quote by FinalDivinity
The Dean Mustaine V is a great guitar. I would prefer it over the Razor and BC Rich.

You might want to look into a Jackson RR5, very versatile.

Hmm how do you know The Dave V is better than Razor Explosion..Plus the Jackson WR1 Warrior(Metal)..isnt that good??

Oh yes Draco is out of my list..its like more than 2000K soo no...

Now iam confused between
B.C.Rich Warbeast
Jackson WR1 Warrior
Jackson V Soloist(Also Too Expenssive so maybe I wont buy it)
Dean Dave Mustaine Angel Of Death
Dean Razorback Explosion

Any double necks:P:P??
The Mustaine V has SD Active pickups, neck-through, ebony fretboard, and 24 frets. The finish is pretty good on the Angel of Deth.

You might want to look into the Jackson Demmelition V, it has almost the same body as the Razorback Vs but with all the features of the Mustaine V plus an Original Floyd Rose and EMGs.

Jackson Demmelition V
Last edited by FinalDivinity at Mar 31, 2008,
Ok whats the difference between these two??

Epiphone G-1275 Double-Neck Custom Electric Guitar(Heritage Cherry)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-G1275-DoubleNeck-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518455

AND

Gibson EDS-1275 Double-Neck Electric Guitar

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-EDS-1275-Double-Neck-Electric-Guitar?sku=517600

One is for 1000K and Another for 3000K and I have decided Ill go for the double neck Epiphone..just tell me is it good enough for my song choice and how overall is it(forget the looks whats better than a guitar with two necks on it:P:P)..Hmm I also love this one..

B.C. Rich Perfect 10 Bich 10-String Electric Guitar

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-Perfect-10-Bich?sku=512666

Iam even considering this one:P:P
How is it??

Thank You
Quote by Still Thinking
The Warbeast is in my list..

Hmm how do you know The Dave V is better than Razor Explosion..Plus the Jackson WR1 Warrior(Metal)..isnt that good??

Oh yes Draco is out of my list..its like more than 2000K soo no...

Now iam confused between
B.C.Rich Warbeast
Jackson WR1 Warrior
Jackson V Soloist(Also Too Expenssive so maybe I wont buy it)
Dean Dave Mustaine Angel Of Death
Dean Razorback Explosion

Any double necks:P:P??

That would be the best out of those.
Go get your shovel.
i say you go with the dean since it gets better hi-gain tone, plays easier, and has a floyd rose. i have a bc rich kerry king signature flying v and its nice but it doesnt satisfy the tone i want and would get from a dean but i have a gibson sg so that works just fine for me.

as for double neck guitars, its pointless. you will rarely need to use a 12 and 6 string in the same song, its just a waste of 1000 bucks. people only really use them because they look cool
Quote by blakefoster937
i say you go with the dean since it gets better hi-gain tone, plays easier, and has a floyd rose. i have a bc rich kerry king signature flying v and its nice but it doesnt satisfy the tone i want and would get from a dean but i have a gibson sg so that works just fine for me.

Gain is in the amp, not the guitar.
I'd suggest looking into carvins, They are high quality instruments. My friend's dad had two, I played it several times. Really nice guitars
Yes!
Carvins are very nice.
Mine (being a strat so not exactly metal but) is superbly built, sounds good and the quality is great!
The necks are so smooth as well, my strat has the thickest carvin neck available, yet it still feels faster than my Ibanez (and I'm one for my thin shredder necks).
carvin or jackson. dont go for anything else man.

where did you find a jackson V soloist?????
Page 1 of 2