Hello to all you great people. I pretty much know the basics of the guitar and am midway between beginner and advanced. I'm a bit bored of my acoustic and am looking for an electric since all the songs I listen to use the electric. For a budget range between $300 - $500, what would you guys recommend as a good electric guitar for shredding and of the sort? Responses appreciated. Thank you!
An Ibanez RG of almost any sort would be good, like an RG321 or RG421. Also look at the S series, especially if you are interested in locking trems.
Quote by Beefjerky01
Hello to all you great people.

"great people"? on UG? i'm sorry sir but you have been sadly disillusioned

in all seriousness, I would agree with qotsa, ibanez is an amazing brand, and every guitar of theirs that I've owned has been of great quality.
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Woops! My fault...anyways, I'm pretty much of a rock/metal person. I know that's not being specific but if it helps, I like stuff from bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Dragonforce, Escape the Fate, etc...
You really can't get that good of a guitar for your price range, but you could get a used one if you looked hard enough. A Gibson Les Paul Studio is one of the best guitars you can buy, but they'll set you back about $1,500, but that's new. You could probably go to your local music store and ask around.
If you want one for shredding, i'm not sure, but Ibanez is always a good choice for metal fans.

Do you have an amp???
O O

___