Ok well maybe not the worldss brightest guitar... but something to that affect is what i'm after, i want that amazingly bright sound with as much sustain as i can mustar so here's what i'm looking at so far...

Body: is a probably gonna be a swamp ash fat strat style (Neck Hum, mid single coil, and bridge Hum.) I was also thinking of staining and then glossing the wood for a very sleek look.

Neck: i have two possible options and i wanna know which you guys think is better... the all maple or the maple/rosewood....

electronics: so i'm going to see if i can make a 5 way pickup selector... 1st position will be the neck humbucker (series,) 2ndP will be the inside coil of the neck hum and the middle coil, 3rdP will be the lone middle coil, 4thP will be the bridge hum (series) and last the 5thP will be the bridge side coil of the bridge side Hum. I'm also going to see if i can add a volume nob for each of my pickups, and i was thinking maybe adding another switch or two to kinda have fun with for more tone option/versatility; so eaither like switching things from paralelle to series or adding the stuff through a second capacitor or whatever. My maine focus though is still on getting that bridge side coil of the birdge side humbucker to really shine...
Note: i do know that some of this stuff might seem a bit advanced but i have an abundance of electrical engineers in my family who have volunteered to help me with this.

Pickups: so to get this really cool brightsound i have no idea what kind of pickups i should be using sooooo plzzzzz help me with brand/names/models/styles.... but i was thinking i was gonna try to make the middle single coil a lipstick pickups A) because they look cool and B) because apparentrly there great for some blues tones... Also does it matter if they are covered/shielded? does that affect tone? cause i'd like to cover them if it doesn't.

Strings: do i go thin or thick?

bridge: tremolo or saddle birdge?

General hardware: umm brand/names/models/styles? any one and do this affect the shinny tone?

thanks, sleight of hand

please take into account again that i would like birght shinny with the most sustaine i can get. It is also very much appreiciated if people can help me out with brand/names/models/styles and stuff like that.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Ash is definitely the wrong wood for a bright tone.

IMHO, you'll need singlecoils and an all-maple body and neck.

This.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
For brighter tone I'd go for single coils at the neck atleast, since that's where the thickest sound is and most humbuckers will just make it sound thicker. String wise, I'd go with thin, 9s will probably do fine. With light strings however, any tremolo that doesnt lock might mean it goes out of tune more easily, but the bridge shouldnt affect the tone too much (correct me if I'm wrong there).
Quote by zalak
Fellatio, isn't that when you suck your OWN penis?
Put a copper top on it? Like Joe Bonamassa's. He originally criticised the luthier for potentially making it too bright until he was told it had a mahogany body.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
You can use underwound pickups and will get an increase in the treble response.
I understand that using a humbucker doese generally reduce treble... but idn't there a way to wire it where it acts like a single coil and therefor lets me get the same tone as a single coil... and thanks for the tips on the strings/neck

and i more or less have to build it via skeleton model so unless someone can find away to help me aquire an all maple body?

and again with the covering pickups?
lets all pull thousands out our arses then @ genralpwnt
I am me. Live with it.
maple body will be brighter than ash
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
Quote by -MintSauce-

For bright, this is where you need to be.
you could also use walnut for the body. try and get brass saddles too
Gear:

American Strat
Epiphone Valve JR head - Volume Mod'ed
Custom 1x12 with Private Jack speaker
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Ebow

Gretsch Acoustic
Quote by -MintSauce-

this and probably some really bright strat pickups, maybe brass saddles and a brass nut?
Make your guitar out of hardened steel. Guaranteed to pierce some eardrums.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
1, stringthru tele bridge for sustain.
2.copper top for brightness
3.wtf mate.fat strat?wat r u thinking!
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
i had an idea for the pups.how about a tele neck in the neck and mid, and a tele bridge in the bridge
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Quote by ManicBluesist
i had an idea for the pups.how about a tele neck in the neck and mid, and a tele bridge in the bridge

One with that icepick quality
Again though... is it possible for me to wire the birdge humbucker in a fashion that it will act as a single coil pickup in a different position...

how on earth would make it a copper top?

how would the tele bridge add to the sustain

and the brass nuts sdalles adds to what? the birghtness or the sustain?
the idea of a brass nut is kinda like having a zero fret, it'll basically have the same sound whether you play a fretted or an open string, and having brass saddles and brass nut should add to the sustain. i could be wrong, but i think manicbluesist is meaning something like jack white's gretsch with a copper plate on top of the body? i could be wrong, and i don't know if that actually adds to the brightness at all, but he does have a fairly bright, crunchy sound with that guitar (just look up "gretsch triple jet)
Seymour Duncan has at least 2 humbuckers that will output a bright tone from a bright guitar : Alnico II or Jazz models. You could also try 1M pots instead of the traditional 500k for more brightness. And lower value capacitors on the tone pots, between 0.001uf to 0.0068uf (1000pf to 6800pf if you prefer). That'd be a good start, but it all depends on the acoustic qualities of your guitar's wood.
HAHA, since it was jack white's guitar sound (particularly that on "you don't know what love is" is the reason why i am attmepting to build something somewhat similar thats great thanks.

thanks redwhitenblues and you joel rainville

doese anyone know where i could acquire an all maple body?
You want something bright? Get a maple body and neck (or maple neck with ebony fretboard) from Warmoth, use a stop tailpiece (no trem), high output single coils with 1 or 2meg pots (available from torres engineering), a very small tone cap and a tiny treble bleed cap, then use stainless steel frets (also available from warmoth) and a brass nut. Slap some stainless steel strings on and rock out.