Gibson
26 20%
Washburn
2 2%
Other.
16 12%
Voters: 131.
Page 1 of 2
What is the best guitar with the best/your favorite roster of guitarists.

Personally, I would have to go with Dean guitars becuase of Dimebag,Dave Mustaine,MAB,and RC.
Last edited by The Arch Enemy at Mar 29, 2008,
Quote by XgamerGt04
Haha your missing one of the better ones G&L

Well he did put other, so in a way he didn't at all.
esp is probably the best but I agree, g&l should be an option because they are pretty awesome
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
fender will win
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by blue_strat
Search - this has been done before.

It is largely pointless.

If it is pointless why did you come in smartass?
this is a stupid thread
but to answer your question, id say jackson
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
No PRS?

and not to mention

PRS wins everytime.

I mean, Mikael Akerfeldt, Peter Lindgren, Fredrik Akesson, and Santana are more than enough to say PRS wins.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
PRS wins everytime.

I mean, Mikael Akerfeldt, Peter Lindgren, Fredrik Akesson, and Santana are more than enough to say PRS wins.

fender: john frusciante, clapton, hendrix, page (sometimes), malmsteem (even though hes an arrogant prick), cobain, srv.

Gee, um show me a company with names that beat that, i mean, three of those guys have been voted the best guitarists of all time, fender = win

also gretsch should be an option fool
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

i voted fender, because they have (other than the people that guy posted before) john mayer, one of my guitar idols and i love his signature model

again im assuming that having a sig from a company means your "on the roster"
Jackson and Randy Rhoads....................enough said!
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
I would say caparison has one of the best artist rosters:

michael romeo, adam/joel from kse, anders bjorler, chris amott, Mattias "Ia" Eklundh, Guitarists from Gackt etc...

a member of this forum also has an endorsment with them
Top lel.
Gretsch, PRS?
you missed alot of the really good ones...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by breakstuff
Jackson and Randy Rhoads....................enough said!

RR isn't like the best guitar ever so ... thats pretty weak on jackson's part you if can only come up with RR.
Quote by druz15_UG
fender: john frusciante, clapton, hendrix, page (sometimes), malmsteem (even though hes an arrogant prick), cobain, srv.

Gee, um show me a company with names that beat that, i mean, three of those guys have been voted the best guitarists of all time, fender = win

Wow...

So, basically you're saying that since you get to be in a magazine, that you're awesome.

So that makes Trivium, Zakk Wylde, and Fall Out Boy Good.

Your logic = fail.

Besides, Hendrix wasn't near as good as everyone says, his work is sloppy and quite annoying, actually.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Platinum Pro
B.C Rich and slash all the way

Hahahahah!

Very nice.

However, the last time I checked, Slash wasn't in the hospital for a punctured lung thanks to playing a B.C. Rich guitar.

He plays Gibson almost exclusively as far as I know.
Quote by Iamonfire
Hahahahah!

Very nice.

However, the last time I checked, Slash wasn't in the hospital for a punctured lung thanks to playing a B.C. Rich guitar.

He plays Gibson almost exclusively as far as I know.

he still has a few bc richs he had some kinda signature even though he never used it
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
And for good reason.

Slash plays GOOD guitars as far as I know.

Personally, I think the only thing B.C. Rich's are good for is fighting.

A good 'ol pointed guitar in the eye will show 'em who's boss.
I say Fender for all of the aforementioned artists, but also including Gilmour, Dick Dale, Ritchie Blackmore, and a few more that I can't remember.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Danelectro, Rickenbacher, eastwood. a.k.a. companies who you are buying a guitar from not a logo.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Wow...

So, basically you're saying that since you get to be in a magazine, that you're awesome.

Your logic = fail.

Besides, Hendrix wasn't near as good as everyone says, his work is sloppy and quite annoying, actually.

how can u compare those three with the names i said?
and i never said they were or weren't good, i merely stated they had been called the greatest guitarists of all time (i don't see your name in a magazine anywhere), i also never said hendrix was good, i actually agree with you on this, i hate how overrated he is when actually hes pretty average
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

God damnit metal freaks need to quit, BC Rich, Dean, and ESP make **** guitars, i admit the more expensive ones aren't as bad, well guess what, for the price you can get a great ibanez/fender/gibson.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Hendrix, SRV, Clapton, Frooooosh.

You guessed it Fender. I am buying a Fender cause I like the twangy tone, not just cause my favorite guitarists play them
Quote by druz15_UG

There's this company you may have heard of. Go by the name of Gibson.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by The Arch Enemy
What is the best guitar with the best/your favorite roster of guitarists.

Personally, I would have to go with Dean guitars becuase of Dimebag,Dave Mustaine,MAB,and RC.

I voted Jackson as it is my favorite company to play and also because Dave Mustaine is most famous for playing a Jackson. I own a KV Pro and WR1. I'd say the WR1 is the best all around--great neck profile, scale length, wild shape that is extremely easy to play standing or sitting, fantastic tone etc.

My Jacksons:

I went with Gibson, and here are my reasons: Joe Walsh, Tommy Shaw, George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Justin and Dan Hawkins, Peter Frampton, Jimmy Page, the guys in Interpol, the guys in Blackfoot, and I believe the guitarist in Nephew.

Some of them no longer play exclusively or mainly Gibsons, but at some time in their career they have predominately used them, and still use them, though maybe not as much.
Quote by RedMoonMan
Danelectro, Rickenbacher, eastwood. a.k.a. companies who you are buying a guitar from not a logo.

I forgot about rickenbacher.

Yes that should be up there. I think Thomas Erak uses them (or did).
One can't rule out Ibanez either: Vai, Satriani, Gilbert, Friedman; Just to name a few that play signature models. Oh, and there's Herman and Sam as well, but most probably view that as a negative.
IIIIIII
Quote by Vornik
There's this company you may have heard of. Go by the name of Gibson.

Then by that logic, Jackson shouldn't be on there either, seeing as though they're owned by Fender.
Funny words.
Quote by synopsize
One can't rule out Ibanez either: Vai, Satriani, Gilbert, Friedman; Just to name a few that play signature models. Oh, and there's Herman and Sam as well, but most probably view that as a negative.

+1
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Jackson/Charvel for me: Past and present endorsees include Marty Friedman, Dave Mustaine, Robbin Crosby, Warren DeMartini, Mark Morton, Amir Derakh, Steve Vai, Jake E Lee, Phil Collen, Scott Ian, Adrian Smith, David Murry, and of course Randy Rhoads. And that's only the actual endorsers...
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Wow...

Your logic = fail.

Oh, of course, so if someones name gets into a big name magazine it doesn't mean they are good, but if you say they aren't then its true? Get off your damn mountain, the whole hendrix was sloppy debate is so ****ing old im sick of it. He may not hit every note perfect, but he sure was a million ****ing times better than you. (IMO of course )

This thread would do good if everyone stopped arguing with eachothers opinions. No one cares if you don't like their favorite guitar company.
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
Last edited by FendermanOC at Mar 30, 2008,
i still think caparison have one of the best rosters.

but jackson/esp/ibanez are all pretty big competition
Top lel.
Page 1 of 2