Today I just bought a car because I got my license (snagged an unbelievable deal on a 2003 Buick Century ) and so now I need to get a job. I have been an umpire since I was 12 and I am 16 now. I am getting tired of the job because mainly I hate it with a severe passion. Anyway, I am going to be applying at Best Buy tomorrow because my brother works there and he loves it. It will also be nice to get discounts off of some of their products.

So as I am thinking about applying, I am also thinking "how the hell am I going to do this". I need to keep my grades up. My parents can't afford to send me to a good school so I need a good scholarship like my brothers have gotten. I need at least a 3.8 GPA pretty much. I also need some time to relax. I do a lot of school work as it is and get so stressed out. If I don't get a job this month, I can't pay for gas or car insurance which means no car and no fun. Can anyone help me shed light on trying to balance things in your life? I need lots of time for school, time to make money, and time to relax and hang out with friends.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Set your priorities straight. Just think which are more important and which you can do without.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by kikaykitko
Set your priorities straight. Just think which are more important and which you can do without.

+1

And.. maybe, just use the car when you REALLY need it.. I mean.. if anyone can give you a ride.. then take it, that way you'll save gas

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
welcome to teenage life? i don't know what to tell you, deal with it i guess, at least you have a car, i don't.....
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I'd say stick with the school work. You (I assume) don't really need a job now, and if you want a good job later in life, you'll want good grades. Work as hard as you can without going crazy. That doesn't mean you can't have a social life though.
I'm in a really similar situation, I go to a private school where I need to work to keep my scholarship there, I run track, I have a 4.4, I have another job to help out my family, I'm really involved in scouts, I'm in speech and debate, and I spend time with my friends and family too. Needless to say, I have a lot of stress in my life. I just try to identify my priorities and keep them straight, I also love the life I have for everything and everyone I have. I'd say just keep positive thoughts, it will all balance out in the long run. good luck!
I go to a private school, i work 20 + hours a week. and do various sports and play with my band. I still find time to relax and do what i want. You really can fit it all in if you try hard enough.
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .