So I am looking at buying a volume pedal, I decided that the Earnie Ball VP Jr would be a good start, one, thing though. I noticed it has a model made to go well with passive pick ups and a model made to go well with active pick ups. I have guitars with both, mostly passive, but a couple rocking actives.

So my main question for anyone with knowledge is what difference does it make? If I used an active one on the one made for passive will it have some vicious hiss or hum or wreck the tone of something?
I have no idea on VP's, but I'm guessing because actives use batteries and passives do not?
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
It's all about the pot that's in the pedal. It won't ruin the tone, it's just a little better for each type. If you're going to be using both the passive model will probably be better, it has a higher input impedance so your active pickups will just be a little brighter, that's all.
The impedance is much different on actives than it is with passives. On MF, theres something about it on the new fender volume and volume/tone pedals.