EL34's have 8 pins, I want that sound but with 9 pins. What do you recommend.
Also someone told me that all 9 pin tubes will fit my amp. Is this true
(my amp of course originally came with 9 pin)
huh?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Isn't the KT66 an octal? So therefore its not going to work. TS would be happy with EL34s apparently, so another octal won't help the fact that they want a noval tube.

Just go with EL84s, they are probably the closest tube you will find, and what you are already using right? They won't quite be the same, but they are both usually used in British voiced amplifiers when the plate dissipation of EL34s or other bigger power tubes aren't necessary.

The more your master volume is cranked, the more power tube distortion you will get but a lot of your tone will still be riding on the output of your preamp stage.
You cant just put any tube in a socket because the pins are the same. Some tubes can be swapped but not all. Put a little more research into it. There are converters by yellow jacket.
Stop spamming. You already made a thread exactly like this.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Tackleberry
You cant just put any tube in a socket because the pins are the same. Some tubes can be swapped but not all. Put a little more research into it. There are converters by yellow jacket.

Which are made by THD In some cases you can swap them (EL34/6l6/JT77) in the same slot, but it can require major rebiasing.